Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Polish emigration to Ireland slows dramatically

• 31-10-2010 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

The flood of Polish economic emigrants journeying to Ireland has slowed to a trickle in the wake of the Emerald Isle's recent economic woes.

The number of Poles traveling to find work in Ireland so far this year is on a level that was once seen over the course of a single month.

From the beginning of this year to September the Irish government has issued less than 7,000 registration numbers to Poles. That number is 40 percent lower than for the same period a year ago and is comparable to numbers seen during single months before the financial crisis hit.

But while the number of Poles entering the Irish job market has shrunk dramatically, Poles still make up the largest group of foreign workers there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Another xenophobic AH thread brought to you by our resident Irish Sun purchaser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

My friend just told me he's off to Poland for work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

RobitTV, RTE News, Clondalkin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

could you not figure that one out for yourself OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

After midnight, the truly shite threads come out to play....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

AH actually used to be good :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I think it's copy and paste news night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

God damn Polish leaving our country and....oh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

But why wouldn't anyone want to come here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Der tekken ar jobs (with them)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

We're never happy. We complain when the Polish come in droves and gripe when they don't. Great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

TheZohan wrote: »
    God damn Polish leaving our country and....oh....

Does that mean we have to do all the schitt jobs ourselves now? Get them Slaves Slavs back here, pronto.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Does that mean we have to do all the schitt jobs ourselves now? Get them Slaves Slavs back here, pronto.

There ain't even enough schitt jobs as it is, we need more exports! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

ekmdkne kkef fkljfoe something about swans and hot women jdndn nenf efenj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

RobitTV wrote: »
    The flood of Polish economic emigrants journeying to Ireland has slowed to a trickle in the wake of the Emerald Isle's recent economic woes.

The number of Poles traveling to find work in Ireland so far this year is on a level that was once seen over the course of a single month.

From the beginning of this year to September the Irish government has issued less than 7,000 registration numbers to Poles. That number is 40 percent lower than for the same period a year ago and is comparable to numbers seen during single months before the financial crisis hit.

But while the number of Poles entering the Irish job market has shrunk dramatically, Poles still make up the largest group of foreign workers there.

First off, you'll be glad to learn copying and pasting is easy. You can copy and paste just about anything your little heart desires: text, web pages, files, pictures, you name it. The idea behind the process is to take information from one place and deposit it into another.

For an example, let's pretend you're working in a word processor and need to copy and paste a section of your document into an e-mail. Here's how:

1. First, you'll need to select the text you wish to copy. You do this by putting your mouse cursor at the first character you want to copy and, holding down the left mouse button, drag the cursor to the last character you need copied. As you drag, you'll notice everything gets highlighted (selected).

2. Next, right-click the selected area. Choose Copy from the menu that pops up (or you can use CTRL-C if you like keyboard shortcuts).

3. Finally, right-click the area in your e-mail document where you would like to insert the word processor text. Click Paste from the menu that pops up (For this, CTRL-V is your keyboard shortcut).

That's it. The steps are basically the same for any copy & paste procedure you need to do.

Here's another example. In the image below, we'll take a line of text, copy it, and paste the copy below the original line:

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Is this news? Why? I'm only bothering to post cos I am tipsy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭LarrytheLantern

We're never happy. We complain when the Polish come in droves and gripe when they don't. Great.

No i disagree.
    I'm delighted they aint coming over no more.
    Don't know about you, but they (along with the rest of them Eastern Europeans) depress the fuuck outta me!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

I can't believe they are still coming here, why would they want to go to a country with such high unemployment and poor prospects?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭chrabo

OMG. 7k Polish comming here?? no way!!. I dont know anybody here for past 2 yers, who just arrived here to looking for work. Most polish guys living Ireland and going back or go to Australia etc.

Have to say, think before u post something stupid. Use your brain RobiTV, and go out for walk sometimes .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

RobitTV telling us that bears sh1t in the woods since February 2009.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

ejmaztec wrote: »
    RobitTV copying and pasting something that someone else wrote telling us that bears sh1t in the woods since February 2009 (and not linking to the original).
    FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

chrabo wrote: »
    OMG. 7k Polish comming here?? no way!!. I dont know anybody here for past 2 yers, who just arrived here to looking for work. Most polish guys living Ireland and going back or go to Australia etc.

Have to say, think before u post something stupid. Use your brain RobiTV, and go out for walk sometimes .

he pasted it from some source, the original is probably true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

RobitTV wrote: »

And you're point is??? People are leaving the country? A bloody mazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

ScumLord wrote: »
    My friend just told me he's off to Poland for work.

Was he Polish? Alot of polish chaps are actually leaving Ireland to get work at home now... Good luck to them - hard workers, quiet people and generally very pleasant to deal with.

Advertisement