Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

samsung galaxy s

Options
  • 31-10-2010 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

i got this phone about a week ago
    tried connecting it to my laptop this evening using the usb tether. it started to in stall the software but then i got a failed message. i tried it 2 or 3 times and the driver failed to install each time.
    anyone got any ideas or had similar problems?
    my laptop is using windows vista home premium 32 bit service pack2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

What I did was plug in the galaxy to the USB, Kies should start. Make sure you have your phone plugged in first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You don't need to use the USB it works perfectly over Mobile AP.

Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile AP Settings > Tick mobile AP on, hey presto your own mifi.

Make sure who ever your with allows you to tether with it, some operators only allow mobile internet to be used for the mobile not tethering. You may need to use a different APN etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

sponge_bob wrote: »
    anyone got any ideas

Yeah, now change your username if you want to hear those ideas. Nothing worse than a self confessed tech illiterate passoff of the original Sponge :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

It's very clearly explained in the manual.

Advertisement