Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Down,Sad,Unable to sleep,crying

Options
  • 31-10-2010 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Ok, So I have come here because of the "hidden persona" behind a username.

I don't know what to do, since I came back to Uni this year I have become a totally different person, and I don't like who I am.
    Last year I was this bubbly happy go lucky girl who everyone knew for my smile. This year, I'm down, sad, crying all the time,and I'm finding it so hard to keep in touch with my friends. And I don't know what to do.

I always worry about one of my friends, she isn't "well" she is often down, and has attempted to end her life several times, had(has?) an eating disorder and now that I'm after moving away I don't get to see her so often anymore and its hard - I'm constantly worried about her, then she started to get better but in August - her brother (another friend of mine) killed himself and she has completely retreated back to herself, and I was so worried about her, I didn't take it in myself until I moved back to Uni, then I got news that my mom might have cancer - my dad told me not mom so I couldn't talk to anyone about it, she doesn't now.
    Then I got more bad news involving friends in car accidents - one died and one is in a coma, people moving away, people injured - it keeps coming.

I don't know what to do, I'm not myself, I can't sleep at night, I can't meet up with friends, I wake up in the middle of the night panicking about everyone and anything. I avoid going home because I keep getting bad news when I go there - and it seems like a minor thing but I can't handle it anymore.

One of my best friends confronted me about how I have been since I came back to Uni and now - I'm even pretending to be happy. And I'm not, and I don't know what to do anymore. I'm lying and pretending to everyone - including myself. And I know that. But I don't know what to do.

What can I do...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I know it sounds like the usual roll out of advice, but it's honestly the best - you need to talk to someone about this. You need to find out why you're feeling this way and how you can deal with it. I would suggest your GP and perhaps get referred to a counsellor/psychotherapist/someone of that nature, or you can even just go to one yourself. You've also a lot of grief and knowledge to deal with, and you can't do it alone.

There's nothing wrong with seeking help, we all need it at times when we just can't cope. I'm sure you'd rather see someone & be actively trying to deal with it, then let it all get on top of you and push you further into a hole.

Advertisement