Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

god come on

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I'm an Atheist, but some of my best friends are Christians - they are not idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Oh,not again!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭Degag

Why does it bother you so much? If people were allowed to believe what they believe in without condemnation, the world would be a far, far better place.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Another drunken thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭google faps

You're supposed to find God when you're mahognified, not dismiss him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Another drunken thread...

but this one is different... it combines religion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Ya but its funny because god and fianna fail are in the same sentence!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

Who are these fickle people that are convinced by a drunken man to change their spiritual beliefs of a lifetime in one night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

You know what I think? A lot of atheists are really arrogant, whereas I'm really right-on and accepting of everyone's belief systems - just not those of atheists, because they're really arrogant. I mean, you know that guy Richard Dawkins - he's really arrogant. Etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Rabies wrote: »
    but this one is different... it combines religion
    Same difference? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Degag wrote: »
    Why does it bother you so much? If people were allowed to believe what they believe in without condemnation, the world would be a far, far better place.

There is a certain breed of atheist which feels a pressing need to blame everything on religion, no matter how silly.

You can see it at work on American messageboards when they refer to the 'religious conflict' in Northern Ireland, and try to use it as evidence that most wars are caused by religion.

This breed cannot resist attacking religion and the religious at any opportunity, on even the flimsiest excuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭google faps

Dudess wrote: »
    You know what I think? A lot of atheists are really arrogant, whereas I'm really right-on and accepting of everyone's belief systems - just not those of atheists, because they're really arrogant. I mean, you know that guy Richard Dawkins - he's really arrogant. Etc.
    dude and dudess at loggerheads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

I'm an Athiest, but some of my best friends are Christians - they are not idiots.

ditto , some very intelligent people of faith

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

the-dude wrote: »
    obviousely im drunk
    Obviously you are.

let everyone believe what they want to believe

Thats what I was saying!

I was'nt.I was thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

bandit197 wrote: »
    Obviously you are.

Spell check might not be working, don't be mean!:mad:

There was an unspoken agreement in Ireland once.. In the pub..3 NON conversations

1-Sex
    2-Religion
    3- Politics

And then we went home happy from our few or several pints!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

My God's name is Steve and he's an awesome God. He looks a bit like Charles Bronson. I bet all you atheists are really jealous now.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 the-dude

I'm an Atheist, but some of my best friends are Christians - they are not idiots.
    im sure they have some intelligence but fall down here.

• Advertisement

My god does an internet radio show of 80s music on Thursday nights!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Rockn

chucken1 wrote: »
    My god does an internet radio show of 80s music on Thursday nights!
    Does he do requests? If he does sign me up to that religion!

obviousely im drunk but jesus the amount of people that beleive in god is staggering to me. I have been arguing all night and iv convinced afew but so many are so dumb because they were brought up this way,to beleive.Im down the country and id say 80% beleive this ****.sure we are at nothing finna fail voting god loving idiots.

So...is there a connection in your head..Between ff and god?? If so,I would find it interesting!

Rockn wrote: »
    Does he do requests? If he does sign me up to that religion!

Ya he does!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

All these idiot atheist threads are giving us atheists a bad name

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

Ridley wrote: »
    Who are these fickle people that are convinced by a drunken man to change their spiritual beliefs of a lifetime in one night?

People who wanted to get the drunk person to leave them alone?

29 posts and god has not come yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I have arrived.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

obviousely im drunk but jesus the amount of people that beleive in god is staggering to me. I have been arguing all night and iv convinced afew but so many are so dumb because they were brought up this way,to beleive.Im down the country and id say 80% beleive this ****.sure we are at nothing finna fail voting god loving idiots.

You are, like, the coolest, like, most enlightened, like, most intelligent, like, person ever, like.

Advertisement