Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

god come on

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Judaism is the foundation for Christian belief.Christians have murdered, raped,tortured and thieved their way through history.The RCC is a Christian church.If your family escaped these swine unscathed, good for you.Mine wasn't so lucky and they were not alone.Anyone who aided this wicked organisation in any way is complicit in it's crimes.

Have you ever eaten Matzo balls?

Judaism other than the above, doesn't affect me that much.I'm part Jewish btw but my family have been secular since arriving in Ireland.Anyway it's less likely to affect me adversely as we still have ties to what remains of the Irish Jewish community.It is a load of tripe though.Absolute nonsense and a waste of time.

My main axe to grind is with the Christian churches.And above all the RCC.What utter filth that organisation is.How could anyone subscribe to an organisation that protects a monster like Oliver O Grady?You would have to have lost touch with all decency and reality to endorse these scumbags.But every Sunday, in go the self righteous bullies to their marble altars, statues, gold and fancy robes.They can't get enough of it.

This is a very mild trailer for a documentary called 'Deliver us from Evil'

Watch the full doc,and make sure you watch that girls father break down.That is a tortured man.Religion is torture.

And I suppose athiests have never raped children or committed murder? All athiests are such good kind people they've never been homophobic or mysoginistic? They've never started wars? They can't be bullies or egotistical?

Religion do any of the things you mentioned, men did.

Also just because I or anyone else believe in God DOES NOT mean we support or endorsde Child Abuse. All those Catholics I know, myself included, are sickened and disgusted by the crimes prepatrated by a small minority by whom you cannot tar everyone.

I for one consider myself a well rounded intelligent person perfectly in touch with reality. My religion has never been anything but a positive influance on my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

By the by Misanthrope, if I remember correctly from a previous conversation, you were raised Anglican? Hardly the most provocative church on the face of the earth? I mean, you hardly developed such a negative portrayal of Christianity through this background?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

How so? You can't really make a statement like that without backing it up with some sort of example. And I mean the general belief in God, not specific beliefs in certain religions. How does the general belief in God held by others affect you personally?

Erm, belief in God generally goes hand in hand with religion. I never said it affects me personally I said it effects the world in general, just ask any homosexual person.

If you have to insist that religion has no impact on the world then I'm going to have to ignore you from now on. k thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

Erm, belief in God generally goes hand in hand with religion. I never said it affects me personally I said it effects the world in general, just ask any homosexual person.

If you have to insist that religion has no impact on the world then I'm going to have to ignore you from now on. k thx

Belief is God =/= religion. I know many people who believe in God and even belong to a particular religion. That doesn't mean they agree with everything that religion teaches. There are loads of "Catholics" in this country who don't go to church, don't pray, don't really do anything to define them as Catholic. Believe it or not, some people just like feeling they belong to a group of similar people. If you insist on making generalizations about people you've never met...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

YAAAAAAAY what an original idea for a thread. Moronic OP and enough people with common sense to see it for what it was. Pity there is still a handful of people willing to support such idiocy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Judaism is the foundation for Christian belief.Christians have murdered, raped,tortured and thieved their way through history.The RCC is a Christian church.If your family escaped these swine unscathed, good for you.Mine wasn't so lucky and they were not alone.Anyone who aided this wicked organisation in any way is complicit in it's crimes.
    No. No they didn't. There is no such thing as a Christian who murders, rapes, tortures and steals. They may call themselves Christian and they may attempt to use it as a facade for their crimes. That doesn't put religion at fault, it puts the people who use it to cover up for their crimes and people who use it to further their own personal objectives at fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

No. No they didn't. There is no such thing as a Christian who murders, rapes, tortures and steals. They may call themselves Christian and they may attempt to use it as a facade for their crimes. That doesn't put religion at fault, it puts the people who use it to cover up for their crimes and people who use it to further their own personal objectives at fault.

Does that apply to the Catholic Church then as they on the pope's orders carried out the Inquisition?

prinz wrote: »
    YAAAAAAAY what an original idea for a thread. Moronic OP and enough people with common sense to see it for what it was. Pity there is still a handful of people willing to support such idiocy.

I find it humorous in a way that this post was infracted while the OP which is about as "insulting" to other members was left aside.

Oh AH how royally hypocritical you are! One standard for one, and one for another! Absolutely ridiculous?

Objectively minded people please read prinz's post and compare it with the OP:
    the-dude wrote: »
    obviousely im drunk but jesus the amount of people that beleive in god is staggering to me. I have been arguing all night and iv convinced afew but so many are so dumb because they were brought up this way,to beleive.Im down the country and id say 80% beleive this ****.sure we are at nothing finna fail voting god loving idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Jakkass wrote: »
    Oh AH how royally hypocritical you are! One standard for one, and one for another! Absolutely ridiculous?:

That's exactly the way it is. In one of my answers to you I got a reprimand from the mod in one of the Christianity forums.

In AH forum I'm a hero for saying the same thing.

Yes, it can be a little confusing knowing what you can and cannot say and where, some of the rules on some of the forums are very, very strict.

An OP post have a viewpoint, the OP can tell you you're wrong, but that does not exactly work in reverse.

^^ True, I'm not arguing that the OP should be infracted, rather I'm arguing that it is dumb to infract prinz for that post. Alas, that's the way it goes round here I guess! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement