Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm thinking of taking up smoking

• 31-10-2010 6:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

Can anyone inform me of the best way to approach this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Veiny cigars!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

Smoking is big and hard and cool...

Seriously OP I regret starting there dirty expensive give you cancer etc I understand teengers giving into presure wanting to experiment hell its what I done but an adult? (presuming you are an adult). I regret starting smoking while I do enjoy the odd smoke most of the time I hate them

my advice would be not to start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

At least take up smoking for all the right reasons. Give yourself rules: Only smoke when you're relaxed. Never smoke during social situations. Never have a smoking routine. Never use it as a crutch. Don't get addicted, otherwise before you know it you wont be able to make phone calls until you've had a fag. Break the mould. Smoke with pride and don't wear your low self-esteem on your sleeve like most smokers do.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Rebelkell

Yag reuoY wrote: »
    Can anyone inform me of the best way to approach this?

Cool smoking rocks and thins
    out the ranks of the poor better than a war

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭irishllanaber

Talk to any adult (30-40 yo) smoker or non smoker and ask them one of two questions. To the non smokers ask them,
    Do you regret not taking up smoking when you were younger?
    And to the smokers ask them,
    Do you regret taking up smoking when you were younger?

I am an ex smoker myself, who deals with people every day of the week trying to stop smoking. Its horrendous to see how desperate they are, how scared they are. how sorry they are that they ever started.
    My advice is dont make the desision now,
    Give yourself 12 months to decide, put it out of your mind for that time and on this day 12 mths time you will have a think about it again and if you regret not starting smoking back then.
    Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Just to add to you thinking about it again in a yesr, put 8.60 (or whatever 20 cost ) into a jar every day without fail for the year. Even if you have to skip on food you still have to put the money in every day first thing when you get up.

So after the year you decide not to take it up spend the 3k on yourself as a bonus for not smoking.

I am off them 5 years myself was on about 20-30 a day. Its the fear of the cost that scares me more about going back on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

/End Thread

The forum is for smokers to discuss smoking. It is not to encourage non smokers to take up smoking. It is not a place to try and put off smokers. It is not the forum to point out the downsides of smoking.
    Posters here are smokers who have made their own decisions and choices and who do not appreciate having their choices questioned.

OP, if you become a smoker then you are welcome to post here of your experiences and to ask questions of other smokers but this not a forum for seeking encouragement to smoke.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement