Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The change in time

• 31-10-2010 8:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭

I'll be the first to ask the obvious question, how do you make a 6 month old adjust to the time change? She sets her own routine, goes to sleep when she's tired and wakes when she wakes... Though this does conform to a fairly settled routine.
    I don't really mind not getting the sleep in but any suggestions to get her to adjust her body clock?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

My son usually goes to bed at 8 up at 7, now today he was up at 6 (the old 7 am) I will be putting him for is nap at 12.30 today (usually at 12) and tonight he will be in bed at 7.30.

I will do this for 2 weeks, if it is working, I will probably stick at it. The darkness in the mornings during the winter helps with my fella!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I didn't have any problem with my two this morning they slept till their usual times which is unusual because the older one is usually a bad sleeper anyway so was expecting problems. She slept till 8.30 (9.30 normal time) and the 8 month old slept til 7.30 (8.30 normal time).

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

we put our guy to bed at 9pm last night, he normally goes at 8pm. He woke at 6.45am (new time) which is his usual time anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

I thought about this a lot before we hit the first timechange when my little fella was 5 months. Since then I found that they pretty much synch to the new time within a few days. Just go with continuing to feed her when she's hungry and put her down when she's tired, but you would be surprised at the impact of you moving your routine to the new time has on your baby or toddler's routine.

Advertisement