Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spanish Match of the Day

• 31-10-2010 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭

Is there any Spanish version of the Premiership or MOTD on tv or even online? I would love to see the highlights of Barca and Real Madrid games every week. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Revista de la Liga on sky sports every Tuesday at 6ish. it even has pundits that know what they're talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Brilliant, thanks a million man;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Ardent

el rabitos wrote: »
    Revista de la Liga on sky sports every Tuesday at 6ish. it even has pundits that know what they're talking about.

I don't think you can compare this to MOTD. They show very little in the way of highlights and most of the programme consists of idle chat and speculation (the Rooney contract debate the other week was pretty laughable).

Is there any highlights show (Spanish or otherwise) out there that shows substantial highlights of all games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

S4c have one called Sgorio or something, they talk funny :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Ardent wrote: »
    I don't think you can compare this to MOTD. They show very little in the way of highlights and most of the programme consists of idle chat and speculation (the Rooney contract debate the other week was pretty laughable).

Is there any highlights show (Spanish or otherwise) out there that shows substantial highlights of all games?

Thats very true,they only show a few minutes highlights (no replays ) of the main matches and the goals from the minor matches.
    Most of the program is chat ,alot of which is interesting but a good bit of it is Graham Hunter spouting conspiracy stories .
    They could do with an extra half an hour to show more highlights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

When I lived in Spain, Canal + had an excellent review show, El Dia Despues with Michael Robinson of all people. Is he still going, btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Although Canal+ has always been a pay channel they used to have a few programmes free to air one of which was El Dia Despues which was by far the bets roundup of the weekend on Spanish telly and groundbreaking tv (by local standards). As it was free to air it built up a large following and "Robin" became quite the celebrity, his fame stretching beyond the football fraternity, he even had a "spitting image" style puppet. However, some years ago, with the arrival of digital tv I think, the programme went back to being only available to C+ subscribers and though it is still going it doesn't have the same impact as before. As far as I know (I'm not a C+ subscriber) MR is no longer one of the hosts but he does do regular reports.

Advertisement