Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Authorisation Key for a domain to be transferred

Options
  • 31-10-2010 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Can anyone answer... i want to transfer my domain to blacknight and they are asking for a Authorisation Key... i looked in my old registar (register.ie) and cant find anything like that on their CP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You'll probably need to contact your current hosting provider to get the key for the domain

You need a key for transferring most domain names except .ie and .co.uk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

cool thanks alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

If you log in to your current reg365 control panel. Select domains on your account, then the domain in question, then further down the left domain transfers (could be in domain management if that option exists) sorry on my phone at the moment.

If its a com/net/org domain name etc you can select to unlock the domain and you will immediately be mailed the auth code you require to go to blacknight. You don't need to rely on tech support to get through this one thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Thanks bobby, this is register.ie not register365 though ? through novara

Advertisement