Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cost of Family Portrait

• 31-10-2010 11:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm new to the photography section but have been admiring all of the challenges ye have been doing over the last few months so keep up the good work!Just real quick, I was wondering could anyone throw me a rough estimate for a family portrait in Limerick. Big enough size, maybe a little bigger than A3? I'm not familiar with the official sizes so apologies.Cheers,Rhunce

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Also interested in one in Dublin 13.

Apologies for the hi-jack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

The size you want isn't as important as the photographer that you choose.

The photoshoot is what will cost you the most money.. prints just involve running off copies of the work the photographer has done.
    Some photographers might insist you get your prints through them (which is their right) but the session will still be the guts of the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

For someone down in the Limerick area should be around €250-€400 framed including sitting, I did one for a family in their home for €300 including the other files on disk. Setup was a large white background and took around an hour and a half to complete. The mother and daughter went through the selection of pictures after the shoot and picked out around 15 that I touched up and emailed on for the final selection to be framed.

Prices may change if you go into a studio, I work in the clients house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Heebie wrote: »
    The size you want isn't as important as the photographer that you choose.

The photoshoot is what will cost you the most money.. prints just involve running off copies of the work the photographer has done.
    Some photographers might insist you get your prints through them (which is their right) but the session will still be the guts of the price.

If you go to a studio, it's usually the opposite from what I've seen. Shooting fee's are anything from free to €150. Usually in and around the 80/100 mark. Prints are fairly pricey but there can be a good bit of work involved in processing shots. 10x8's start around €50 and bigger prints/canvas can go up to €5/600

I'd be more along the lines of Keith's price but for a big studio there are the kind of prices you're looking at :)

Advertisement