Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Insurance quote

Options
  • 31-10-2010 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Which online insurance broker offers the best home insurance quote?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

It depends on exact circumstances and location and previous claims - but here is a useful comparison of house insurance quotes from last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

A definite +1 for checking around. Surprisingly, Hibernian was the cheapest for me last year and also so far this year, despite being the most expensive in the link in the previous post. I haven't checked them all yet though and I'm considering upping my excess to cut back. All quotes this year are up from last year :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 35 scholesy

I got my renewal fromQuinn Direct. €397.Then went online.123.ie were €100 more expensive, Insure.ie the cheapest quote was €630 or something!! still on the look out for cheaper quote:cool:. The bad winter must have been the perfect excuse for them to pump up the premiums.Rip off Ireland!:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Last 2 years with http://getcover.ie/.
    €230 for a 4 bed semi in South Kildare with 30% contents & a few bits of jewelry covered.

Go to the Irish Chartered Surveyors site to get an accurate rebuilding cost for your home.
    It doesn't cost €300k to rebuild a €300k house bought 5 years ago.

Advertisement