Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what are you paying for your haircut in Drogheda?

Options
  • 31-10-2010 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Swords has a barber doing 5 euro dry cuts at the mo......anyone around Drogheda doing same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Boston Barber in Scotchers raised their price to 13 smackers :eek: Given the current climate I'll not be going again. Pity really as you get a good haircut in there. I thought there was a harbour barber that did it for 5 squids?...Could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭positron

What's in the €13 dry-cut? There's place in Dublin north keys that charges €25 for a cut, but they also wash/shampoo & massage a good bit as well. Couple of places in Dublin City Center that does does €5 dry-cuts - perfectly fine barbers to be honest - clean professional and decent cuts too.

positron wrote: »
    What's in the €13 dry-cut? There's place in Dublin north keys that charges €25 for a cut, but they also wash/shampoo & massage a good bit as well. Couple of places in Dublin City Center that does does €5 dry-cuts - perfectly fine barbers to be honest - clean professional and decent cuts too.

13 smackers just for the cut. I never get my hair washed ...just a dry cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Nearly everywhere in the down charges 12 euro for a cut. I used to goto the green man, its a tenner for a cut put they are popular and can be very busy at times

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

rorys barbers is €10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 dagb20

Barbers up at the boyne shopping centre beside paddy powers has a special for 8euro, i think. got it cut there a few weeks back and it was ok. i'll go back anyway. never many people in it, that might be because its relatively new

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭positron

Imho, anything above 6 quid for a dry-cut is bad value!

However I have to say I really like the name of the new (not that new) place on Beamore Rd called 'Hair Force One', and they are right next to a place called 'WashingTONS' - yes, you guessed it right, a launderette! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Dont go near hair force one. Rubbish barbers, the woman in there cut my hair once and I had to go down town the next day to get it fixed.

Town center barbers all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

I quite like the town centre barbers at the bottom of stockwell street.
    I don't think they charge too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

positron wrote: »
    Imho, anything above 6 quid for a dry-cut is bad value!

However I have to say I really like the name of the new (not that new) place on Beamore Rd called 'Hair Force One', and they are right next to a place called 'WashingTONS' - yes, you guessed it right, a launderette! :D

That guy who runs the barbers on Beamore road used to work in M&M's barbers on Peter Street,i was never too keen on his hairdressing skills and used to skip a turn when he called out "next " to the queue wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

I would not let him near me,brutal.
    But i do go to M & M barbers and have done so for many years highly reccomend the girls and paddy.

andrew1977 wrote: »
    That guy who runs the barbers on Beamore road used to work in M&M's barbers on Peter Street,i was never too keen on his hairdressing skills and used to skip a turn when he called out "next " to the queue wait.

me too

Anyone know how much M&M's and Terry's charge for a dry cut?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Cant be sure about M & M`s its either 12 0r 13 euro because i always give 15 (tip)as in fairness it is top notch and they dont just fire you in and out......though some people like that,but i kinda care about the cut i get.

moonshadow wrote: »
    always give 15 (tip)as in fairness it is top notch

you know I was in the same boat but with things the way they are I ain't as flush as I used to be. I know it's not a bad complaint but I have to get the ould gruaig cut every 3 weeks or so and it all adds up. I'll be shopping around from now on. I think a tenner (max) is a pretty good remuneration for about 10 mins work?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Dont go near hair force one. Rubbish barbers, the woman in there cut my hair once and I had to go down town the next day to get it fixed.

Town center barbers all the way.

Id agree with that. Always go there, usually theres no queue if you go at an off peak time and always a few magazines and papers around.

Nice place, never had any problem and 11 euro. I think if you want your hair washed too they'll do it for nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

2 of the lads ex M&M's are opened a while now upstairs beside Paddy Dwyers in shop street,2 sound lads and excellent barbers.
    Would recommend them also.

2 of the lads ex M&M's are opened a while now upstairs beside Paddy Dwyers in shop street,2 sound lads and excellent barbers.

Prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

any update on prices in the town,...want a cut for 10e?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I still get my haircut in Paddy Kierans down at the docks. He used to do a great cut before he died and I was quite sad, but there's a few girls there who still do a great job. Been going for 17 years now. I pay 9€ though I think they give me a discount at this stage since I go so regularly. I think standard is €12.

I actually used to know the guy who runs Hair Force One. The stories I could tell ya, lads...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

i go to rorys on peters street, 10e

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Fursttimer

Mr. Toppers

been going for the last few months, no complaints, in fact it's the best hair cut I've ever had (wash, cut & blow dry each time €12)

can't recommend enough

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

I pay this guy 7 euro. His name is Mauro Shampoo - footballer, hairdresser & man.

That's not me in the video mind.

He is worth every penny. He's cut Rivaldo and Juninho Pernambucanos hair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnoRWhUWALc&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Southgate Barbers, Southgate Shopping Centre

They charge €10 for a dry cut. Tea/Coffe/Beer included in the price, plus they have TV's at each chair.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Been tempted to try Southgate given I only live a few seconds away from it. Kieran's has been so good to me over the years though that I'd feel like I was betraying them by going somewhere else :S

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

moonshadow wrote: »
    Cant be sure about M & M`s its either 12 0r 13 euro because i always give 15 (tip)as in fairness it is top notch

Id agree with that, Paddy is one of the few barbers in the town who will listen to what you want done and not make up his own mind about what he thinks you should have. Now, obviously if an idea is ridiculous he will give some input, but not like some where i have sat in the chair and said "Just tidy it up." and i walk out with a lightning bolt on the side of my head!

Not sure about price either in there. Sometimes ive handed him a tenner and he has taken it, sometimes i just hive him 15 and say hold on to the change, so its hard to say.
    Mylow wrote: »
    They charge €10 for a dry cut. Tea/Coffe/Beer included in the price, plus they have TV's at each chair.

Lol. Seriously?
    Kieran's has been so good to me over the years though that I'd feel like I was betraying them by going somewhere else :S

Theres nothing worse then catching eyes with your previous hairdresser after coming down the stairs and out the door of m&ms. I was given the lost puppy look! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Lol. Seriously?

The Grafton barbers in the Marshes SC Dundalk also do this.Think there is a sign that say's "only ONE per customer" though.Nice wee promo all the same.
    I am suprised to hear that the lads in Drogheda pay so much for a haircut. :eek: I can get my own noggin sheared for a fiv€r in Dundalk,albeit mid-week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

A full head shave is roughly the same in Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

CMpunked wrote: »
    A full head shave is roughly the same in Drogheda.
    Hee-hee.
    I am not a full head shave man CMpunked :pac: i'm more a Travis Tritt/Meatloaf kinda guy;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭furiousox

Went to Southgate barbers today and they are just sooo slooow.
    There were 3 of them on duty and they all started cutting hair on new customers within a couple of mins of each other.
    No exaggerating, each haircut took 30 mins!
    After a while I was so bored waiting I was watching them to see why they were so slow.
    Snip, snip, snip (miniscule amounts of hair coming off)
    Comb, comb, comb.
    And repeat.
    Even though the place was busy there was no rush on them WHATSOEVER.
    I know you're probably better off with someone taking their time with a cut but this was ridiculous.
    I've been there before and found them slow but today was too much.
    Won't be going back.

CPL 593H

Advertisement