Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what are you paying for your haircut in Drogheda?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

furiousox wrote: »
    Went to Southgate barbers today and they are just sooo slooow.
    There were 3 of them on duty and they all started cutting hair on new customers within a couple of mins of each other.
    No exaggerating, each haircut took 30 mins!
    After a while I was so bored waiting I was watching them to see why they were so slow.
    Snip, snip, snip (miniscule amounts of hair coming off)
    Comb, comb, comb.
    And repeat.
    Even though the place was busy there was no rush on them WHATSOEVER.
    I know you're probably better off with someone taking their time with a cut but this was ridiculous.
    I've been there before and found them slow but today was too much.
    Won't be going back.

Went in there last Saturday morning, both sofa's were full. I didn't have to wait that long maybe 20 minutes. I normally try avoid the peak times. I am folically challenged so it doesn't take to long to cut my hair. I think service is good, never end up finding the odd hair that wasn't cut.

I think the time killer is the wet shaves. I cannot see how they pay, if you look at time it takes to do the wet shave and compare it with duration of hair-cut the wet shave is underpriced. I think they should only offer wet shave off peak. You lose a barber for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭ALS

furiousox wrote: »
    Went to Southgate barbers today and they are just sooo slooow.
    There were 3 of them on duty and they all started cutting hair on new customers within a couple of mins of each other.
    No exaggerating, each haircut took 30 mins!
    After a while I was so bored waiting I was watching them to see why they were so slow.
    Snip, snip, snip (miniscule amounts of hair coming off)
    Comb, comb, comb.
    And repeat.
    Even though the place was busy there was no rush on them WHATSOEVER.
    I know you're probably better off with someone taking their time with a cut but this was ridiculous.
    I've been there before and found them slow but today was too much.
    Won't be going back.

In fairness , much rather a barber taking his time cutting my hair than rushing me out the door , water running down me face and the hair full of gaps from a rushed job , never had a bad job from the lads in Southgate and with the big plasma's always showing decent sports , free tea/ coffee, even a free beer, sure what more do you want !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

ALS wrote: »
    In fairness , much rather a barber taking his time cutting my hair than rushing me out the door , water running down me face and the hair full of gaps from a rushed job , never had a bad job from the lads in Southgate and with the big plasma's always showing decent sports , free tea/ coffee, even a free beer, sure what more do you want !!

say whaaat? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

The lady barber who has joined southgate barbers in the past few months gives a great haircut, very good at her job, well recommended .

She used to work in the barbers over Paddy Dwyers, Mr Toppers , and has moved to southgate recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭positron

Bumping an old thread as this topic is still relevant as ever..

I have been to South Gate barbers a couple of times, my experience has been mixed. A lot of waiting around even on week days. The main man there did a nice cut - and was very professional, and another person (bad with names sorry) also did an okay job. But last visit there was a complete disaster. Had to wait around a good bit on all three visits, two of them were on weekdays (working from home). Otherwise they are good, nice atmosphere, offers coffee, plenty of parking etc. €12 for a dry cut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

I've also found them to be very slow in Southgate, so slow that after me last visit I'm not sure if I will go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭furiousox

I'm using the North East Barbers upstairs in Bryanstown now.
    Nice lads and a decent haircut.
    12 euro.

CPL 593H

Advertisement