Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bolton v Liverpool match thread

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

There's the whole fact he was never good enough in the first place and saying odd bizzare quotes is about as laughable as saying we've had the odd bad performance under him.

Perhaps he should draw up a list or start moaning about how all the other managers have had more money to spend than he has, of course there would be an element of truth in it if he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

There's the whole fact he was never good enough in the first place and saying odd bizzare quotes is about as laughable as saying we've had the odd bad performance under him.

I agree, he wasn't and isn't the right man for the job. And that will inevitably lead to his sacking sooner rather than later. I'm sure everyone expects NESV to sack him once a Managing Director is hired and a successor is chosen.

But I see no need to openly act the Geordie on him after such a short reign, were we're only a point or two off were we finished last season. Nor do I see the need to abandon the respect and fairness we usually show our managers, a tradition that has set us apart from the media led rabble in the Premier League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The Muppet wrote: »
    Perhaps he should draw up a list or start moaning about how all the other managers have had more money to spend than he has, of course there would be an element of truth in it if he did.

As you say, at least it would be one of the very rare times he's spoken the truth as Liverpool manager.

Who did Sky give the MOTM to lads?
    Has Roy been interviewed after the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Your obsession with Benitez is unsettling to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

his obsession with liverpool in general is strange.

It's got nothing to do with benitez, Roy is slated for his bizaar comment's I;m just saying it's nothing new , thats all.

Wonder if Maxi's performance will be enough to keep him in the team ahead of Kuyt when Dirk returns to fitness for the Chelsea game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

K-9 wrote: »
    Tbh, it's a blessing in disguise!

Why? We need him to get some form, not injuries. Its not like we have anyone better to replace him with.

Only way that can happen is game time and it takes time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

affordable-maxi-dresses.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

dfx- wrote: »
    affordable-maxi-dresses.jpg

?

?

Liverpools new away strip perhaps ????

Maxi dresses. I think he's saying he's a big girl trying to disguise their weight (or something)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Three points and a little jump up the table. If I was offered that before the game I would have jumped at it.

I still think Roy needs to go, but if I am to give him stick for bad results and some baffling interviews, then I have to give kudos when something like the back to back wins in the league happens.

In an ideal world, well in my head anyway, we would go on to pick up enough points between now and Xmas to make our position in the league more comfortable, and have the club in a stronger position when a new long term manager hopefully gets appointed in January.

But tonight I hope Roy has a nice bottle of wine and enjoys the feeling of consecutive wins.

Liverpools new away strip perhaps ????

What a bizarre picture to randomly drop into a thread. I like it though. I think I'll drop something into the United thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Wonder if Maxi's performance will be enough to keep him in the team ahead of Kuyt when Dirk returns to fitness for the Chelsea game

Tbh I'd keep maxi in the team, bring in kuyt and drop Cole.

Would even be tempted to start Ngog up with Torres. Thought he was terrific today and gave Torres the opportunity to play more facing goal. Drop gerrard back in beside meireles and bench Lucas (not against Chelsea but maybe the other games we have upcoming)

What a bizarre picture to randomly drop into a thread. I like it though. I think I'll drop something into the United thread.

It's only bizzare if you don't get in and as Papa Smut was kind enough to explain the meaning you really ought to have got it by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

It's only bizzare if you don't get in and as Papa Smut was kind enough to explain the meaning you really ought to have got it by now.

Gone and made a show of himself again now in the Utd thread.:o

~Rebel~ wrote: »

Would even be tempted to start Ngog up with Torres. Thought he was terrific today and gave Torres the opportunity to play more facing goal. Drop gerrard back in beside meireles and bench Lucas (not against Chelsea but maybe the other games we have upcoming)

The introduction of N'Gog really seemed to change us for the better today

Who did Sky give the MOTM to lads?
    Has Roy been interviewed after the game?

Anyone know :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

Ah...

I don't know which is more bizarre, the photo and its reference or the fact papa smuts got it straight off?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Anyone know :confused::confused::confused:

Soto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Ah...

I don't know which is more bizarre, the photo and its reference or the fact papa smuts got it straight off?

Or the fact that if you check the image location you'll find out straight away...

Kess73 wrote: »
    Three points and a little jump up the table. If I was offered that before the game I would have jumped at it.

I still think Roy needs to go, but if I am to give him stick for bad results and some baffling interviews, then I have to give kudos when something like the back to back wins in the league happens.

In an ideal world, well in my head anyway, we would go on to pick up enough points between now and Xmas to make our position in the league more comfortable, and have the club in a stronger position when a new long term manager hopefully gets appointed in January.

But tonight I hope Roy has a nice bottle of wine and enjoys the feeling of consecutive wins.

I couldn't agree more. If he keeps winning matches his position becomes much more tenable. We may be in a situation where we need to wait til the summer to get the right person in anyway, therefore Hodgson will need to get the team to achieve a respectable league position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Why? We need him to get some form, not injuries. Its not like we have anyone better to replace him with.

Only way that can happen is game time and it takes time.
    ~Rebel~ wrote: »

This tbh. Maxi is on form, I'd have dropped Cole anyway and used a form player.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This tbh. Maxi is on form, I'd have dropped Cole anyway and used a form player.

Forgot Kuyt will be back soon enough so definally put him on the left instead of Cole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Forgot Kuyt will be back soon enough so definally put him on the left instead of Cole.
    Agreed. Cole has offered nothing since signing. At least with Kuyt you get effort and the odd goal. I'd like to see a top class striker brought in January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If Bolton v Liverpool was a meat, it would be stewing steak. Tough, takes an age to cook through and in the end just about adds up to a meal with some spuds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Cole is an impact sub type player, its where he shone at chelsea.

Glad with the win today, glad it was torres with the assist and maxi with the goal.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, ngog needs to start with torres.

Can anyone confirm, might have been just me, was andy gray whinging about torres all through the match?

• Advertisement

Glad with the win today, glad it was torres with the assist and maxi with the goal.

Can anyone confirm, might have been just me, was andy gray whinging about torres all through the match?

I'd like to think Cole on 90k a week or whatever it is can be more than just an impact sub !!

I didn't think he was whinging at Torres, but I laughed when he noted the away form of the last manager and somehow forgot to mention the away form of the current one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

mike65 wrote: »
    If Bolton v Liverpool was a meat, it would be stewing steak. Tough, takes an age to cook through and in the end just about adds up to a meal with some spuds

What an odd analogy

You were not watching then? Tough as old boots that performance was, Bolton tend to drag the opposition down to their level but thats not hard playing LFC right now.

Gray has an agenda and it's full of sh1te.

You were not watching then? Tough as old boots that performance was, Bolton tend to drag the opposition down to their level but thats not hard playing LFC right now.

I thought Bolton were very limited. Seemed to give us a lot of space in the final third too. Had Torres been on form or had N'Gog been on from the start I think we might have strolled away with it.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'd like to think Cole on 90k a week or whatever it is can be more than just an impact sub !!

****ing a! But he came to liverpool with the assurance of proper football of which roy seem happy to oblige.

There is still an air of wanker off him though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I was watching. I don't necessarily disagree with your analogy, I just thought it was a bit odd.

****ing a! But he came to liverpool with the assurance of proper football of which roy seem happy to oblige.

Chelsea are no mugs. If he was still any use they'd still have him.

• Advertisement

Roy seems to have bought the "top top player" stuff from Sky on this and seems scared of dropping him.

90k is seriously money for what? A 3 year contract or was it more? Can't imagine NESV sanctioning that on their watch.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i'm happy for Roy.

he still needs to go.

again, he made a thinly veiled snipe at the fans saying he can't guarantee us signings, because if he does, and the right player doesn't come along, the fans will be very quick to remind him, and he gave the commentator a cheeky acknowledgement.

i actually think he might hate the fans.

oh, and if he talks about the club needing 're-building' and 'complete restructuring' again, i swear i'll go over there and put his face through Anfield's centre circle myself.

but well done to him and the players today, back to back wins, and Bolton's never an easy place to go.

and two good games in a row from Maxi! halle-fúcking-lujah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Roy seems to have bought the "top top player" stuff from Sky on this and seems scared of dropping him.

90k is seriously money for what? A 3 year contract or was it more? Can't imagine NESV sanctioning that on their watch.

4 years unfortunately.

Roy seems to have bought the "top top player" stuff from Sky on this and seems scared of dropping him

This is my thinking as well. Now we have 3 players that the manager is afraid to drop.

This is my thinking as well. Now we have 3 players that the manager is afraid to drop.

Gerrard, Carra and Cole?

The worrying thing is the trio are all in the twilight of their careers. We should be planning ahead for this. There are young options there, maybe Shelvey will get more game time in Europe and the Cup. Wilson and Pacheco should be others.

Ayala seems to be getting on well, so that's a positive.

SlickRic wrote: »

again, he made a thinly veiled snipe at the fans saying he can't guarantee us signings, because if he does, and the right player doesn't come along, the fans will be very quick to remind him, and he gave the commentator a cheeky acknowledgement.

i actually think he might hate the fans.

No, I just think he's sick to death of people crying about everything he says and jumping down he's throat.**

And anyway I say people will be expecting too much come January. Just because we have money now etc. so he's not gonna guarantee any big names.

Or it could be the case that NESV wont give him big money to spend as they are unsure as to whether Hodgson can take the club to the top 4. and wait till summer time for new manager and so on.
    SlickRic wrote: »
    oh, and if he talks about the club needing 're-building' and 'complete restructuring' again, i swear i'll go over there and put his face through Anfield's centre circle myself.
    **Example. :p

• Advertisement

Gerrard, Carra and Cole?
    Yup, yup and yup

the worrying thing is the trio are all in the twilight of their careers. We should be planning ahead for this. There are young options there, maybe Shelvey will get more game time in Europe and the Cup. Wilson and Pacheco should be others.

ayala seems to be getting on well, so that's a positive.

There are some positives alright despite all the doom and gloom. I just hope the young players get handled right.

yea, Ayala is doing well out on loan apparently.

Yup, yup and yup

There are some positives alright despite all the doom and gloom. I just hope the young players get handled right.

yea, Ayala is doing well out on loan apparently.

Liked the little I seen of Ayala last season. Think he has huge potential.

Wilson is ideal for Europe. No point putting Kyriakos in them games. The lad proved himself in the SPL, which for his age is impressive, despite the standard. All things going well, he should be ready for the PL next year.

As for Pacheco, I just can't see him long term here. Rafa (sorry) was giving him time last season. Roy doesn't seem to rate him. Will come back to haunt us at some stage if we don't get a Pelegrini type in!

Advertisement