Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap insulation at argos.

• 31-10-2010 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Hi ,spotted cheap insulation at argos.
    Obviously don't know if it's any good but heres the Link

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Its a gip. Home delivery only. can't drop in and pick it up.

Brooks do a roll of insulation, not sure of the make but its 150mm for around €15 incl VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭CBYR1983

I paid €34 for the 100mm in Homebase on Saturday
    I thought I was doing ok - it had been €44 in B&Q. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭bladespin

Was £12 per roll for the 100mm stuff in B&Q Lisburn not too far back.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Thats not bad. Thinking of putting some more insulation in the attic. 10 of these would go along way.

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Thats not bad. Thinking of putting some more insulation in the attic. 10 of these would go along way.

:D Worked a treat in mine, vast improvement, I used 10 rolls (3 bed semi) going up to 3 layers thick.

• Advertisement

There's 13 sq m coverage in the 100mm roll, probably about 8 in the 170mm.

Deklivery within Dublin is apparently only a tenner, so you make quite a saving if you were buying a number of rolls.

I only regret not seeing this sooner!

bladespin wrote: »
    Was £12 per roll for the 100mm stuff in B&Q Lisburn not too far back.

Don't make me feel any worse. British companies operating off super-margins in the rip off republic.

CBYR1983 wrote: »
    Don't make me feel any worse. British companies operating off super-margins in the rip off republic.

Don't feel too bad, it was on a half price (I think) special at the time, I raced up as it was a job I'd been planning for some time so when the opportunity arose etc. etc.

Either way it's a great investment and will pay for itself in savings in a short time, the difference in our place was quite something.

:D Worked a treat in mine, vast improvement, I used 10 rolls (3 bed semi) going up to 3 layers thick.

Did you roll directly over the existing insulation or at 90 degrees across the insulation and rafters?

Did you roll directly over the existing insulation or at 90 degrees across the insulation and rafters?

The existing insulation was like a pancake but I left it where it was and laid the new stuff ontop, the first layer went between the joists and the subsequent layerc cris-srossed on top (I laid 3), I left an airgap on the ends though.

• Advertisement

The existing insulation was like a pancake but I left it where it was and laid the new stuff ontop, the first layer went between the joists and the subsequent layerc cris-srossed on top (I laid 3), I left an airgap on the ends though.

Good stuff. The thoughts of getting up into the attic and doing this myself is painful but will be ultimately worth the 'Knee pains" LOL. I think there is only 4-6 inches up there I could leave it and place two layers on top.

Good stuff. The thoughts of getting up into the attic and doing this myself is painful but will be ultimately worth the 'Knee pains" LOL. I think there is only 4-6 inches up there I could leave it and place two layers on top.

Just a word of warning, dress appropriately, it's itchy stuff (though not as bad as the stuff we had under it), so long sleves etc. Oh and getting strands in stubble is very annoying so a shave first might be a plan (wish I'd thought of that before I started).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

CBYR1983 wrote: »
    I paid €34 for the 100mm in Homebase on Saturday
    I thought I was doing ok - it had been €44 in B&Q. :(

Oh my god,you just got stung big time.:eek::eek:

Homebase are selling rolls of Knauf 100mm recycled insulation off at the moment (today) for 13 euro.1 roll covers 13 meters squared.

They got loads and loads of rolls in on a big truck and are selling it off at less than half price.

I got 2 rolls of the stuff for 26 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭hopalong_ie

Argos and Homebase are the same crowd, hence why both are doing it for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stwome01

Just rang Argos and they are sold out :mad:
    Will just have to try Homebase instead.

Advertisement