Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB wireless transmitter winddown

• 31-10-2010 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

I have been having difficulties with IBB upload speeds recently and finally got through to tech support. I have been getting speeds of 1.5 down but only 0.05 up.

They told me that it seems to be a transmitter fault and if so it probably wont be fixed as Imagine are looking at shutting down transmitters so I will need to change over to DSL.

Has anyone else heard this about discontinuing wireless services?

What DSL would you recommend as i am currently on the 2MB Breeze package? Eircom 3MB or is there better providers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

richieg wrote: »

Has anyone else heard this about discontinuing wireless services?

I thought they were changing over to Imagine Wimax which is worse than the breeze service (usually)

They mustn't have a Imagine Wimax transmitter in your area or haven't one in planning.

DSL is just DSL, it doesn't really matter who you choose as it's all much the same specifications just small variations on price.
    If you have a phoneline put the number into one of the DSL provider websites and see if they can supply it.

Depending on where you are you might be able to get a Fixed Wireless service too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

I had a eircom line before but had the number disconnected. Does anyone know what the charge would be for reconnection?

Who provides fixed wireless?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

richieg wrote: »
    I had a eircom line before but had the number disconnected. Does anyone know what the charge would be for reconnection?

Who provides fixed wireless?

There's a free phoneline reconnection offer iirc...if it hasn't run out. eircom are desperate for MUGS customers.

Fixed wireless would depend on where you live.

Advertisement