Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Think my beloved dog has cancer

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Don't overthink this... The incidence of mammary cancer is very low indeed, and although the chances of a female developing it increases a lot if she's not spayed before her first heat, this increased incidence is still extremely low. So, chances are this is just one of those unfortunate things, and there's little you could've done to change it.
    Don't blame yourself op, and I wish her all the best for her operation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

I hope all goes well for your dog .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Hope it went well for your dog. We lost our gorgeous dog in November to advanced lung cancer, no signs, lost weight over time and was tired and breathing heavily and coughing, nothing found until it was way too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭brownstone

I'm sorry to hear OP. Best bring her to the Vet ASAP. It may be just benign tumours, which means it will not invade other tissues and isn't cancerous. The vet will more than likely remove them, because they are only pebbled sized. Hopefully it is not cancer. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

So the lump I found was cancer, mammary cancer. It's hard to describe the size of the lump maybe the size of a .20p coin which I would consider big on my dog but I know there are bigger. It's out now though but vet did warn since she got it once the likely hood of it coming back is very high but deal with that when/If it happens!

When I collected her so was so happy full of beans and jumped out of the cage to me. The veterinary nurse explained they changed the anaesthetic since the last time! I really noticed the difference. She got three days of painkillers, only really whimpered a bit Monday and Tuesday. But so happy and mad for walkies since Tuesday.

Thanks for yer comments! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement