Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airsoft guns

• 31-10-2010 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Correct me if im wrong but i thought these were banned in ireland ? the reason why i ask this is my wife recently brought one back from spain and was confiscated at customs in dublin airport? she also had to go to the local police station and make a statement ? so whats going on, was recently in a shop in waterford and they had machine guns on the wall in full display:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

They're legal to possess if they are under 1 joule but if you're bringing one into the country on a flight it has to be in a locked case and declared a firearm, security then place it in the hold as they would with a rs firearm.

By the sounds of it your wife put it in her luggage and was caught with it, hasnt got a leg to stand on if that's the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevinhalvey

this may scratch your itch and any others :eek: also this is the wrong section for it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_issues_in_airsoft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Moved to the main airsoft forum for the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

They are legal but have to be declared on a flight.

There are lots of restrictions on their use though, they have to be sub 1 joule muzzle energy, you cant have them in public as they are realistic imitation firearms and so on.

Advertisement