Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireworks

Options
  • 31-10-2010 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

Is there a lack of fireworks this year? I normally here a cacaphony of fireworks but non this year or is this the calm before the storm. I know there was a display on the Castlecomer Road last year but as yet heard nothing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Recession. I hope it pisses tonight, please God.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

just as long as it stops when I'm going to and from the pub

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

I'm over in loughboy at the mo...no shortage of fireworks around here.

Managed to get the dog walked before 6 down at the green bridge nore walk park. No fire works until the last minute. They sent one off right beside us.
    Dog nearly ripped my arm off!

On way home near the Pres, some kids were setting off fireworks and aiming them at the cars. Just missed mine, but their aim must have improved because my partner saw some young uns being chased accross the green by an irrate motorist/undercover guard! Hope he caught the little blighters!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I nearly flattned some kids on the Kells road earlier. Three of them walkin in the middle of the road in the dark, no high viz, no light.

If my windscreen was grubby or if I was at the radio or texting or if I was any way blinded by a car coming the other way at the same time or indeed if i had been driving like some of the skangers in their bangers do around the town at night they were dead. Simple as. I deffo would have hit them,

Frightned the sh!te out of me (for the night that's in it).

I wound down the window and gave them a bollockin but i still don't think they 'got it'. Non drivers just dont understand how hard it is to see a pedestrian at dusk.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Darwin will take care of them.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

There were some last night round here (THomastown) but not near as many as usual . . .

Advertisement