Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for new handset

Options
  • 31-10-2010 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Lads,
    My Samsung Tocco is pi££ing me off so much that I want to change so I am in the market for a new phone. Was thinking of an Iphone but was just wondering if there are any better phones on the market. Samsung Galaxy perhaps?

Any ideas at all?

Cheers

TUNNER

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I changed the title op to help you get more results. You might read this also, it will help narrow things down a bit.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055514104

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

as above :) name the features you need :)

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭tunner

Important for me would be some of the following lads;

5 mp or more camera, gps (decent maps like on the iphone), Bluetooth
    Form factor - touchscreen seems to be the way forward these days
    Internet - is 3G/mobile internet important, and or WiFi (possibility to access wifi spots when available without incurring large costs ie when I am at home being able to get onto my own internet wifi)

Operator - Three have a decent offer through my union so that looks OK on
    Bill-pay

Dont want to spend 200 lids on a new handset though. So trying to keep it around the 150 max mark but just wondering which handset really allows you to download more apps. Ive heard the iphone is quite restrictive and hacks are impossible to download. By hacks I mean apps that other people have come up with to allow you to do more on your phone without costing you a fortune (eg this site http://lifehacker.com/)

Cheers

TUNNER

http://three.ie/shop/samsung-galaxy-s-black-classic-max.htm

You could look at the galaxy from three. Its android and uses same maps service as the iPhone. 8MP camera (though no flash). Great screen and good graphics performance. Also its android so you got a big marketplace and easy to install the apps the way you want :)

Its starts from 39E depending on the plan you take

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I 2nd the Galaxy S. Excellent set of features. Had the N900 before and there is no comparison.

Btw, it has a 5MP camera (not 8). The lack of flash is a pain sometimes.

• Advertisement

I 2nd the Galaxy S. Excellent set of features. Had the N900 before and there is no comparison.

meh :) i always thought it was 8

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

So it's brilliant, but not great?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Are you asking me about the phone in general or just the camera?

As I said the phone has excellent features. I have it a while now and I'm still 'playing' around with it. I recommend you have a read on Xda-developers I9000 forum for info on apps/games/rooting/firmwares etc.

Camera is excellent when there's good light but not so good in low light.
    dr ro wrote: »
    So it's brilliant, but not great?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭tunner

Decided to opt for the Iphone 4 from three. being delivered on Thursday. Here is hoping its as good as ive heard it is!! Thanks for the suggestions

Advertisement