Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Turtle beach x11's and mic problem

• 31-10-2010 5:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Bought two pairs of these yesterday so am ruling out a problem with them, more than likely something I have done. Can hear game play through the head phones and can hear myself talk but cannot talk to team mate when playing Quake 4. We have two xbox360's hooked up over a lan. Have gone into pref's on the console and made sure mic is not muted etc.
    Can someone please confirm that the mic function where you can talk to your team mate works when playing over a lan setup.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

cubix wrote: »
    Bought two pairs of these yesterday so am ruling out a problem with them, more than likely something I have done. Can hear game play through the head phones and can hear myself talk but cannot talk to team mate when playing Quake 4. We have two xbox360's hooked up over a lan. Have gone into pref's on the console and made sure mic is not muted etc.
    Can someone please confirm that the mic function where you can talk to your team mate works when playing over a lan setup.

Thanks

I might be that the correct ports aren't open for it in the router. Just a guess though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Thanks for the quick reply TMIN as its is doing my head in. What range of port number would I need to open. The fact the game and game sound etc is getting through, does not count?

Cheers

Thanks for the quick reply TMIN as its is doing my head in. What range of port number would I need to open. The fact the game and game sound etc is getting through, does not count?

Cheers

Have a look at the stickied thread at the top of the forum about NAT. Walsh does an excellent walkthrough. You'll need to do it for both consoles. Even if it's not the problem, it's worth doing anyway.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers, will do;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Don't mean to sound patronising here; are your cables plugged in correctly? A mate of mine had a similar problem but sorted it with some cable fiddling.

• Advertisement

ZB work away but think I have everything in the right place. The fact I can hear myself talk, im thinking I have the connections right. Can you lads tell me if the this PF looks right. The second picture is how I input the info, still not working unfortuneitly

Ok, have you tried them through xbox live party chat yet or just through a lan connection?

Dont have any xbox live sub's just bought them to play via a lan in the house

Dont have any xbox live sub's just bought them to play via a lan in the house

Ok, I'm just not sure if the lan connection on Quake will allow voice chat. Are you sure it does?

No worries, not the end of the world if it doesnt at least I will know why. Will have to do a bit of searching. IF anyone hears anything would appreciate it if you could post here, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Weird, I have the opposite problem. I can talk to the XBL Party but cant hear myself in the headphones. Did you do anything particular to enable that?

DeV.

Cant really say as i dont use XBL. As ZB mentioned make sure all cables are in the correct place and in Xbox DB/pref's/ make sure "through headset" is ticked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Moose is the expert when it comes to X-mics, is it possible you can take a picture of the back of the console and TV so we can see you're lead set up.

Also make sure you're settings are set appropriatly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

DeVore wrote: »
    Weird, I have the opposite problem. I can talk to the XBL Party but cant hear myself in the headphones. Did you do anything particular to enable that?

DeV.

you can only hear yourself when the mics a cm away from your face nd no other noise is what i find

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Thanks

Have you got the little cable from the headset controls plugged into the controller?

If it's the one I have, I forgot that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

That cable can be very temperamental too, so even if its in, it might not be working.

Thanks lads, both cables are in alright. Picked this up from another website, is it true
    "If both of you are not signed into live it wont work as the chat feature is for onlive only"

IF this is true, this may be my problem as I dont use xbox live. Can anyone confirm if it is possible to talk to your team mate via TB X11's when playing over a home lan.

TMIN, just to let you kow I tried Halo Reach and hey prestol we have game chat. So as said seem to be game related, cheers;). On a side not is there anywhere online you can check if a game as in-game chat or is it a given if a game was produced after a set date.

TMIN, just to let you kow I tried Halo Reach and hey prestol we have game chat. So as said seem to be game related, cheers;). On a side not is there anywhere online you can check if a game as in-game chat or is it a given if a game was produced after a set date.

Thought so. You should be ok with CoD's and Rainbow Six games, if that's any help to you.

Grand job. Might post a new topic but even though both Xbox's have harddrives, old xbox 20g and new slim xbox with 4gig when trying to play certain missions in Halo I get an error " one or more xboxes do not have suitable harddrives" andy idea?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Grand job. Might post a new topic but even though both Xbox's have harddrives, old xbox 20g and new slim xbox with 4gig when trying to play certain missions in Halo I get an error " one or more xboxes do not have suitable harddrives" andy idea?

Thanks

You've got me baffled on that one.

Is one of them installed on the harddrive and the other on a disk, by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

The xbox slims cant play Halo ODST or reach campaign co op :rolleyes:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/15/halo-reach-co-op-requires-hard-drive-4gb-xbox-360-slims-have-t/

Cheers for that, i can stop banging my head of the wall.

Advertisement