Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise Margin

• 31-10-2010 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

My DSL noise margin is currently drifting between 4 and 5 Db Downstream, this is dreadful right?

I'm constantly losing DSL sync.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

craig1928 wrote: »
    My DSL noise margin is currently drifting between 4 and 5 Db Downstream, this is dreadful right?

I'm constantly losing DSL sync.

yes thats bad, im on 5mb with eircom currently, and just on hold with them to reduce my speed to 4mb, as my SN margin this evening is only 4-5db at the minute...

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

ring them they are open now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 craig1928

snr.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

SNR for the downstream is pretty low would likely could cause disconnections, confirm your physical setup within your premises (see the faq)...I'd aim for a SNR of around 6-9db

Failing that eircom will need to do a few checks and they may need to drop your line speed in order to make the line more stable (unless there's another issue)

Advertisement