Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween at Duckett's Grove CANCELLED!

Options
  • 31-10-2010 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

CANCELLED DUE TO BAD WEATHER FORECAST

That's the reason to be found on the Carlow Tourism website and here:

http://www.duckettsgrove.eu/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6&Itemid=37

What did the organisers expect at Halloween? Tropical breezes, warm sunshine, a gentle sirocco? Reports coming back of loads of disappointed children arriving at Duckett's Grove today all dressed up and hundreds of parents having to placate them.

So, 'bad weather forecast'? Call me cynical, but what's the real reason it was cancelled?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Thats terrible!! :( I was gonna go lucky I didn't bother.

The weather is bad, but surely not that bad. It's not even raining at the moment?

Something's up alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Every weather forecast I've listened to over the past few days did indeed forecast rain for this morning but emphasised it would be dry in the afternoon and evening.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

What a pity! The old "indoor arena" would surely have held a good few people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Annie ros

Hi I know somebody who works for the organisation involved in staging the event. They have spent the last 6 weeks working flat out to get everything organised and talking to them yesterday they were extremely disappointed at having to cancel. There was desperate weather in Carlow on Friday and the field for parking the cars was already wet. They got a very bad weather forecast for Saturday night and early Sunday from several sources and felt that going ahead would cause big problems with parking and running the outoor events.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

The weather wasnt that bad IMHO. I don't think anyone had the intention of arriving out in sandles in fairness. A bit of much kind of was to be expected..

Ah how bad, Good day had after anywho. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Jacques Thelad

A word of advice to those organising outdoor events such as this:

Put a contact phone number or website address on all publicity material (IN BLOCK CAPS!) and advise people to check the status of the event before they leave home.

Feel sorry for the organisers but blame whoever depended on Irish weather to play nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

it stopped raining yesterday at 15;00 & started again around midnight, could of nearly dried clothes outside between those times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

imagine what a few hundred cars and jeeps would have done to the field being used as car park out there. kids and adults would have been destroyed in the muck!

Advertisement