Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some clarification please:

Options
  • 31-10-2010 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi

I have been banned from the education forum and would like to appeal this. I have an account learningcurve also that was banned today. I posted in the teachers section saying we are looking for teachers, I thought this was ok as there is very few jobs out there so it would seem rather unfair to punish someone who is trying to let people know about jobs.

I realised about 10 minutes after I wrote it though that it would probably be against rules as it may be seen as spam. i was going to try and take it down but i was already banned. I am very disappointed as I thought letting people know about potential jobs would be ok. I also see my posts offering feedback to people who asked about our course and to a Spanish teacher to help him in his class were both taken down.

This seems very unfair and I don't think teachers reading those forums would be happy to know they got taken down when I was trying to help.

I was under the impression, from my last ban, if I was upfront and said who I was and also offered help and discussion then that was ok but once again I am banned. I would appreciate some light to be thrown on this. If I am in breach of the rules I apologise but you will see I posted in here and in other parts to ask what I could or could not say and got no response.

I think it is a shame not to be allowed to tell people about job vacancies in this climate we live in.

Looking forward to hearing from you, I hope this can be resolved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Right, I'm going to jump in here to put things in context.

I banned you some time back from the Education forum, I believe the reason was the fact that you misrepresented yourself via the Learning Curve account. I appear to have deleted the Private Messages, but from what I recall, the Learning Curve account was used to promote your company.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Now, it appears you have created another account, learningcurve, to circumvent a ban. That is a big no-no and always, without question, leads to the second account (third in your case) being banned.

To be honest, all it would have taken is a PM to either myself, the Education category mods or the actual forum mods to get direction.

I appreciate you were offering jobs, and that is to be commended in the current economic climate, but you went about it the wrong way.

I will hand it back over to the CMods and forum mods to see what we can work out. I am sure this can be resolved amicably.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I would be willing to unban the account, subject to the account holder following all the requirements of companies posting on the forum.

A number of companies who comply with the rules regarding companies advertise jobs on boards.ie, and it can be a great way of attracting the right people.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Printer

Hi

Firstly, thank you both for the reply. I would greatly appreciate it if the account could be reinstated and if you could please advise me on what I can and cannot say from the learningcurve account. I did post in here in the help desk to ask about this and didn't receive a reply. I would have sent a PM but I wasn't sure who to ask.

As a Director of an education and training company, I feel I can offer help on certain subjects to people. For example the post from the Spanish teacher, I gave a long explanation of a game that could be used to instill motivation but this has been deleted now.

I feel that by putting the job availability in the teaching part of the forum, it will get a lot of views and it will have maximum exposure for people who are currently out of work.

As I say, I would appreciate the account being reopened and would really like to be able to post in the Edu forum using this account "Printer" as I have personal questions about post grad studies that I would prefer to ask from my own part, not as the learning curve.

Please advise me on best way to post jobs information.
    Thanks

Hi again guys

Has there been any update on this please? I would like to find out information on masters programmes so it would be great if I could get into the edu forum again please.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ok, firstly, please have patience.

PM'ing us is not the way to go. Some of us are on different timezones, so it takes a while to communicate.

To the matter at hand, I suggest you create a commercial rep account for the learning curve account and keep your printer account as a personal account.

There should then be no confusion as to in what capacity you are posting.

Contact hello@boards.ie and the guys in the office will give you the information you need.

However, I will say that you need to be aware of shilling (i.e. pretending not to be connected with a company). It is pretty easy to spot and is much disliked around these parts. So if you are up front an honest, there will be no problem.

If in doubt, please ask before you do anything (such as create another account or start a thread you think might not be appropriate). The Edu mods/cmods are nice people. :)

I will lift the ban now.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Tom, I have already posted looking for advice on the Masters!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement