Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fascination...

Options
  • 31-10-2010 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what the fascination is with the front car park in the pavillions? There are always queues there even when the car park is full and there are spaces elsewhere!?

I always use the multi-storey and get parking no bother! Plus you dont get wet! and its a tight squeeze getting out of there too

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

have often wondered that myself.

the multistorey is so much handier i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

People are just lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Whats the fascination with the Multi-Story?
    I always use the carpark to the left of the small roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Not sure people are facinated with multi story but its is great on days like Friday when its lashing rain. However I usually park outside in car park D or E

I think that small car park should be kept O.A.Ps or people with disabilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I usually park in the outside ones because people drive like numnutses and I suffer from a bit of roadrage, so the quicker I park, the better is it for my sanity.

That said, on the weekends, i usually park in the town (at the back of the Pink Elephant) and walk up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

have thought about that aswell. i always go for level 3 in the multi storey or 4 if I have to. doesnt make a huge difference where you park, its not like your miles away from the shopping centre. just the modern day lazy irish not wanting to walk an extra few meters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I usually park in Penneys and pay the €1 fee unless I'm there first thing in the morning when I park in the multi-storey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Something I have spent many hours thinking about!!

I reckon it's just pure laziness...imagine having to walk a few meters to get to the shops! Personally I head for D/E, or the newer one under Penneys (avoids the traffic and the bad traffic management)

I just don't understand the need to have your car outside the front door of the place. Nor do I understand why so many people pile in there at 9am in the morning and on wet weekend afternoons......do they not have anything better to be doing???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

LeoB wrote: »
    I think that small car park should be kept O.A.Ps or people with disabilities.

Sounds easy but try to police it, after one day those that are refused entry would be on Joe Duffy complaining about the Nazi carpark staff. Some people class there Laziness as a self diagnosed disability. B & Q in Swords have designated spots for disabled drivers, everytime I am there I always see cars parked there without displaying the disabled symbols but hey its right at the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

lol I've wondered this myself. I find the multi story car park a lot easier!

Does anyone else hate going out there though? The stress of that drive from Malahide to the Pavillions almost always results in some crap driver crashing in to me. I hate the Malahide roundabout with a passion. And that's before I even get in to the place. Not to mention getting out of there. Oh the stress! lol I don't find this with any other shopping centre for some reason, just Pavillions. Now I avoid it at weekends unless completely necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Daisy! wrote: »
    lol I've wondered this myself. I find the multi story car park a lot easier!

Does anyone else hate going out there though? The stress of that drive from Malahide to the Pavillions almost always results in some crap driver crashing in to me. I hate the Malahide roundabout with a passion. And that's before I even get in to the place. Not to mention getting out of there. Oh the stress! lol I don't find this with any other shopping centre for some reason, just Pavillions. Now I avoid it at weekends unless completely necessary.

I know! Yes! Road rage aaaaaaaaaaggghhh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

My god the number of times I've raged over the terrible traffic in the Pavilions.

So many times you drive in, there's 2 hi-vis guys on the pedestrian walway but none on the roundabout, then the traffic backs up and hey, chaos. Other times they control the roundabout, but not the walkway manually - but never both. The one time they did, I actually stopped for a second, rolled down the window and congratulated them.

The worst pet hate is idiot drivers though. People making a second lane on that roundabout, people failing to stop for, or stopping on, the pedestrian crossings and worst of all people backing up into the yellow box and roundabout from trying to get into that bloody car park B! I'm surprised the horn on my (new) car still works after these assholes.

/rant :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

The worst thing are the eejits in the right hand lane coming up to the roundabout and going straight on to the multi story car park nearly crashing into the person going on straight in the left hand lane!

Right hand lane = right
    Left hand lane = left & straight

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

PCros wrote: »
    The worst thing are the eejits in the right hand lane coming up to the roundabout and going straight on to the multi story car park nearly crashing into the person going on straight in the left hand lane!

Right hand lane = right
    Left hand lane = left & straight

In my defence, and that of many others coming in from the Malahide end and thus not off the R132 - there's about 50m of space to merge into the left lane, and that has a pedestrian ramp in it. Impossible to merge sometimes when there's only a couple of car lengths to do it in.

Also noticed a new sign today - huge big thing in yellow and black with "No stopping in hatched area at any time" pointed at the blithering idiots who queue for Car Park B.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

sdonn wrote: »
    In my defence, and that of many others coming in from the Malahide end and thus not off the R132 - there's about 50m of space to merge into the left lane, and that has a pedestrian ramp in it. Impossible to merge sometimes when there's only a couple of car lengths to do it in.

Oh I know when its jammers...fair enough it can be hard but I will use my indicator if I'm in that situation and would always give right of way to the person in the left lane.

I'm really pointing at the fools that do it when it’s quiet and there is ample room to change lanes and in the process nearly sandwich cars into the fence....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

sdonn wrote: »
    My god the number of times I've raged over the terrible traffic in the Pavilions.

So many times you drive in, there's 2 hi-vis guys on the pedestrian walway but none on the roundabout, then the traffic backs up and hey, chaos. Other times they control the roundabout, but not the walkway manually - but never both. The one time they did, I actually stopped for a second, rolled down the window and congratulated them.

The worst pet hate is idiot drivers though. People making a second lane on that roundabout, people failing to stop for, or stopping on, the pedestrian crossings and worst of all people backing up into the yellow box and roundabout from trying to get into that bloody car park B! I'm surprised the horn on my (new) car still works after these assholes.

/rant :pac:

Last weekend it was mental busy with schools being off and on a Friday - the lads with the hi-vis jackets were on the roundabout just outside the pavillions directing traffic!! Never seen it that bad - although at xmas it probably is (i never head over there at xmas)

Advertisement