Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digital USB 2.0 DVB-T HDTV TV Tuner Recorder & Receiver

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Maplins is selling these for €50.

Most of what is on their shelves is cheap Chinese crap at a 1000% markup.

- I'd love to see them go out of Business some day, ignorant pack of Thieves :(

Raiser wrote: »
    Maplins is selling these for €50.

Most of what is on their shelves is cheap Chinese crap at a 1000% markup.

- I'd love to see them go out of Business some day, ignorant pack of Thieves :(
    Yeah I find Maplins to be very expensive. I was in their shop here in Limerick and they had a display stand full of catalogues. I thought it was like Argos and nearly walked out with one. Apparently you actually have to buy their catalogues!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Anyone see any cheap DVB-S tuners around? I dont have access to ebay in the office, but gonna pick up one of each

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Anyone see any cheap DVB-S tuners around? I dont have access to ebay in the office, but gonna pick up one of each

cheapest ones seem to be around the 20€ mark, no idea what they are like, do need external power though
    http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-2-0-Digital-Signal-DVB-S-TV-Tuner-Receiver-Box-/260678734704?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb1a9d370

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Not cheap, and its PCI rather than USB, but this is what I use, will get you ITV and BBC HD on Freesat if you have the dish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Tv3 seems to be available as of tonight. Might only be a test but still good news

I'm just a little worried about this. My purchase has disappeared from my eBay history. When I try to access the auction it seems to have been removed early. It's gone from the "leave feedback" section also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I'm just a little worried about this. My purchase has disappeared from my eBay history. When I try to access the auction it seems to have been removed early. It's gone from the "leave feedback" section also.

Same here. Haven't got a shipping notice or anything really. Just the receipt from paypal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭darkside71

Same thing for me as well, all purchase information on this is gone. Never seen that before.. Guess seller would normally contact you to let you know if there's a problem, but this Guy didn't seem to be the best in the first place if there was issues... Maybe he just over sold. No refund from Paypal just yet either..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

same here. had ordered 2. will be starting a dispute through paypal now.

same here. had ordered 2. will be starting a dispute through paypal now.
    Well I wouldn't do that just yet mate. You have 40 or 45 days to file a dispute. They might still turn up ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

already done :) ive started a dispute based on the fact the listing has been removed and i have no way now of tracing it through ebay or an easy method of contacting the seller. At least this way he has been notified. I cant escalate it until the 8th in any case and id say the funds will be well gone by then if he has indeed done a runner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Bought mine off this dude! "ellieshang" 99.1% positive feedback:)

So hopefully this dude will be ok...

It says its dispatched anyways :D

Seems to have got cheaper since i bought it though but how bad!!

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270604039118&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

Glenviewjf wrote: »

Seems to have got cheaper since i bought it though but how bad!!

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270604039118&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Do we know will this do Saorview?

• Advertisement

Its DVB-T....

Its the software you use that has to have MPEG-4 and you will be able to view Saorview on it yes...

same for me... strange that this can happen.

more like an issue with ebay and paypal than with the seller

same for me... strange that this can happen.

more like an issue with ebay and paypal than with the seller

Yeah.

"Luck Network" indeed. Yer man just said good luck to us!

Ush1 wrote: »
    Yeah.

"Luck Network" indeed. Yer man just said good luck to us!

It should be covered under what ebay says on the listing, but the fact they removed all record of it is where I'd be worried about it. No record of me buying it even though I have emails saying I did and paypal record of it

Might ask about it on the ebay forums or see if anybody else has said anything about it

Will wait and see if the item arrives before opening dispute, or till I hear there's no chance of it happening

It should be covered under what ebay says on the listing, but the fact they removed all record of it is where I'd be worried about it. No record of me buying it even though I have emails saying I did and paypal record of it

Might ask about it on the ebay forums or see if anybody else has said anything about it

Will wait and see if the item arrives before opening dispute, or till I hear there's no chance of it happening

Ya i would be worried too but you have proof of payment so thats a plus...

Id say google the sellers name and check out his story..

Correct me if im wrong but was it not mentioned ealier in this thread that he had 9% negative feedback in the last month:eek:

• Advertisement

Ya i would be worried too but you have proof of payment so thats a plus...

Id say google the sellers name and check out his story..

Correct me if im wrong but was it not mentioned ealier in this thread that he had 9% negative feedback in the last month:eek:

I thought it was at 97% in total when I looked, but wasn't a big purchase and got the impression it was legit. Reading on ebay there shouldn't be much of a worry about getting money back if dispute opened within 45 days and seller missing

would be nice just to receive an automated email from ebay to advise that somebody you just dealt with has been removed from the site and the purchase was possibly fraudulent

How long you lads gonna give it before you try get your money back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭gnolan

I've got the same situation. Where can we go from here?

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Negative Feedback in last month is 9% :eek:

There's the post!

Ya i'd say ye'll be grand to be honest because paypal usually are pretty good like that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Gone from my ebay account as well...what should we do now?:confused:

gnolan wrote: »
    I've got the same situation. Where can we go from here?

paypal dispute, but I guess there might be some delay before refund

I should have looked at the recent seller feedback :D

paypal dispute, but I guess there might be some delay before refund

I should have looked at the recent seller feedback :D

Do paypal not say wait a week before opening a dispute or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Might be time to edit the Thread title and flag this before this Gimp shafts anyone else?

Well the one i bought seems to have been dispatched and the seller has 99.1% positive feedback so id advice people buy off him possibly!

The link is in one of my earlier posts!;)

It's still not definite that he has scammed us. I received a dispatched email from him so it might still turn up. If it said he was "no longer a registered member" or something like that then I really would be worried. Can do nothing but wait really. Lucky it was only €7.

• Advertisement

This looks the best alternative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

Ordered from a guy calling himself eunion4u. He has 98.3% feedback

http://stores.ebay.com/eunion4u

Got a dispatch email but I note now that he too has pulled the listing from his shop.

Could just be that he has had a lot of orders ? Especially given the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Mine has also completely vanished, something Ive never seen happen before. But I did get a shipping notice for it on Monday so Im not sure what to believe really. But yeah, his entire store is completely gone so Im not sure how easy it'd be to get money back, paypal can't refund us if the moneys already gone from his account after all. :(

Redisle wrote: »
    Mine has also completely vanished, something Ive never seen happen before. But I did get a shipping notice for it on Monday so Im not sure what to believe really. But yeah, his entire store is completely gone so Im not sure how easy it'd be to get money back, paypal can't refund us if the moneys already gone from his account after all. :(
    I've never seen it before either. Has anyone contacted eBay or used their forums for an explanation?

I was just on eBay's live chat and was told to file a claim. The listing was removed administratively by eBay or something like that. He couldn't say why it was removed only that it may have breached eBay policy. I'll be removing my thanks from the OP of this thread! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

is ebay seller lucknetwork also a dodgey seller?.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bondja80

I bought dvb-t usb stick just without the remote for 5$ (3,90e) with free shipping on site dhgate.com. Works ok, only I could not register the software blazedtv 2.0 although I had serial key on cd which I got with item. So that I could not run the software.

After I downloaded blazedtv 6.0 from internet trial version and now is working, only hamper the image. I don't know why is that? Maybe because I do not have installed any codec pack in my computer.
    What do you think?

Here is site where I bought: http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale-2-0-usb-dvb-t-tv-stick-digital/p-ff808081292a016701294941dccb7beb.html

The listing is back!! :eek: Just what is going on? :confused:

strange one, must be an ebay screw up or something

all looks normal for me again

• Advertisement

Yep same, are yous gonna close your dispute then? Or wait till the seller replies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭ninja 12

fdevine wrote: »
    Picked up similar or the same from a different seller last night for €7.70 delivered.

Will post a link later.......

EDIT: http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270604039118&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.ie%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp3907.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D270604039118%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

I ordered one from "ellieshang: as well .
    I got an email from them this morning , mine has shipped , so fingers crossed :D

Ush1 wrote: »
    Yep same, are yous gonna close your dispute then? Or wait till the seller replies?

haven't gone that route yet, but probably best to wait till the item arrives and then close the dispute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Bought this item on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250612740391&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Delivery was a little slow and I have had problems running it on Windows 7. It keeps crashing. Came with Presto PVR software which seems to be the problem.

It didn't pick up anything with the little arial but when I was at home (Tramore) and connected it to roof aeriel it picked up the Irish DTT channels no problem.

Got it for OH who is in Carrigaline and tried it there with aerial supplied and again no signal but through roof aerial it picked up the channels again. Her laptop runs Vista and again the Presto PVR kept crashing.

Can anyone recommend another software prog perhaps - would like to be able to record as well as view.

Thanks.

Has anyone not got a dispatched notice yet from the seller in the OP? Ordered a few days ago and got not contact from an email i sent.

gnolan wrote: »
    Has anyone not got a dispatched notice yet from the seller in the OP? Ordered a few days ago and got not contact from an email i sent.

eBay lists mine as dispatched

• Advertisement

eBay lists mine as dispatched

Thanks. Don't know whether to start a Paypal dispute or not. Might leave it til Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 gcdwebmaster

I have one of them from a different supplier and it works fine, mpeg4, and records grand.
    It doesn't work on linux for me (driver issue0, but does on windows 2000 and Vista.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

My order detailed disappeared and then I got this weird chinglish email from seller (see below). I see now that my order details have been restored.

Dear customer,
    I am very thanks for your purchasing.
    If you receive the email from ebay,the message said:your purchasing have
    canceled,please don't worry,beacuse we have a scanning of the new policy,our
    account is in the process-level,sometimes maybe the system have a little
    fault,lead to some items have been canceled,please don't attention about
    this message from ebay.
    Your purchasing have a normal transport,please wait be patient.
    I am very appreciate your coorperation,thanks!
    Yours faithfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭wait4me

Two days ago the record of my buying this was gone from my eBay history and now today - its back. I suppose I'll wait and see does it arrive.....

And this guy has sold 238 of these!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

wait4me wrote: »
    Two days ago the record of my buying this was gone from my eBay history and now today - its back. I suppose I'll wait and see does it arrive.....

My purchase is back up on ebay today too

• Advertisement
Advertisement