Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearse Doherty on the NAMA swindle

Options
  • 31-10-2010 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

ok... I haven't been the biggest fan of SF, but this speach by Pearse Doherty is a breath of fresh air. I saw it over on the politics forum and thought that it would be of interest over on the Donegal forum, seeing as Pearse Doherty is topical at the moment in news regarding local elections in Donegal.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHmz0BlOyUc&feature=player_embedded(sorry, I dont know how to insert a youtube clip properly)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

You go Pearse!

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

I dont really like pearse, But I have to say he really made a good speech there...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Lot of nails hit on the head there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

Fair play to that man, he said what needs to be said:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

keep an eye on the papers for articles relating to the Troubles & SF etc. Their sure to start appearing soon, just wait until you see... especially the Indo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

keep an eye on the papers for articles relating to the Troubles & SF etc. Their sure to start appearing soon, just wait until you see... especially the Indo

More so RTE......should be renamed FF TV......propeganda at its best!

this is why to find out what goes on in Ireland, you have to go outside the country to sources other than our state sponsored media.... for example, it was the Mail on Sunday who first broke the Ivor Callely receipts scandal.... heres another good example http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1293783/Builder-Joe-OReilly-friend-Fianna-Fail-frolics-sun-NAMA-takes-Anglo-debts.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

<SNIP>

Pearse work towards new politics and shake off the surrender monkeys

spoke to a few Donegal town people today and they all wanted to vote for him but are put off by political affiliation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

sligopark wrote: »
    <SNIP>

spoke to a few Donegal town people today and they all wanted to vote for him but are put off by political affiliation

Why? I could see the point if it was a general election, but since it's a local election, surely the important thing is that people register a protest vote?

It's not as if voting for any one candidate is a vow of lifetime support, surely?

Noreen

ps. I'm not a Sinn Fein supporter. I don't have any particular political allegiance.I'm actually shocked that I'm even considering voting for Pearse Doherty, and would not consider doing so at a General election.

This time, however, my priority is to use a "protest" vote - and, since Sinn Fein are not going to suddenly end up running the country as a result of one bye-election, he's in the running for being a hard-working candidate, and, much as I hate to admit it, a sense of gratitude that he was willing to take the case in the first place. (I'm not under any illusions as to his reasons for doing so, though!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Well done Pearse on winning the Bi Election & iv done a wee bit of editing with your lookalike although i had to scrunch up Dyers face to make 2 photos same size
    B61616BBF2AC4CC3B7B11039E66CE3DC-0000335421-0002050099-00535L-6B4F8A5E7DAD41C0B9AC8AEE153A28F3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,616 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

More so RTE......should be renamed FF TV......propeganda at its best!

How can you say this when Prime Time and other such RTE programmes both on TV and radio have been ripping the Gov to pieces for over 2 yrs?

have you listened to Joe Duffy much? one of the biggest Fianna Failers in the business. He cuts short all attacks on government, although recently he did a program on cystic fibrosis which showed up the dept of health v badly. RTE news heavily edit all their broadcasts in defense of ff. Drivetime yesterday had the by-election result as its 3rd headline... 15 minutes into the program. Don't you think there is something rotten in the state of Donnybrook?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

i was amazed last night that the donegal bi election wasnt the 'main news'! rte did their best to give sinn fein the least publicity as possible. rte are rotten to the core and should boycotted;.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Vinegar Hill

Noreen1 wrote: »
    Why? I could see the point if it was a general election, but since it's a local election, surely the important thing is that people register a protest vote?

It's not as if voting for any one candidate is a vow of lifetime support, surely?

Noreen

ps. I'm not a Sinn Fein supporter. I don't have any particular political allegiance.I'm actually shocked that I'm even considering voting for Pearse Doherty, and would not consider doing so at a General election.

This time, however, my priority is to use a "protest" vote - and, since Sinn Fein are not going to suddenly end up running the country as a result of one bye-election, he's in the running for being a hard-working candidate, and, much as I hate to admit it, a sense of gratitude that he was willing to take the case in the first place. (I'm not under any illusions as to his reasons for doing so, though!)

Noreen, I would not consider myself a Sinn Fein supporter either but rather a floating voter. I vote for whoever I feel will do the best job for the constituency and the people he is to represent (me included).

That being said, I voted for Pearse in the by-election because he seems to be the best man for the job at the moment. If there is a GE in the near future and I thought he was the best one to represent the constituency then I would vote for him again.

Politics has been dominated by 2 parties which are very similar. Donegal has not gotten anything from our representatives in the Dáil and is often referred to as the forgotten county. Our roads are a shambles, we lose services in the hospital daily, we have the highest unemployment in the country, the fishing industry is a disaster, broadband coverage is a joke, there is no infrastructure, and there is no plan in place or being considered to get us out of this.

In short, I am tired of the usual promises made and never kept.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Pearse on NAMA is the topic. Can we stick to that please.

Advertisement