Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cycling clubs for a beginner

• 31-10-2010 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

I am looking for a cycling group to start with that wouldn't be elite levels.
    I have a good base of fitness from other sports.
    Tallaght area or City centre would suit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

Orwell caters for all levels and has a good leisure and sportive section. Check their website.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Thinkbike have a beginners road spin on Sundays leaving from Rathmines and a beginners mountain bike spin on Sundays. I've been on one of each so far. Very friendly and relaxed crew, ideal for beginners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

smacl wrote: »
    Thinkbike have a beginners road spin on Sundays leaving from Rathmines and a beginners mountain bike spin on Sundays. I've been on one of each so far. Very friendly and relaxed crew, ideal for beginners.

Just to confirm the above....... The Beginners road spins leave the shop in Rathmines each Sunday at 10.00am and we have made a slight change to the set up of the Mountain bikes spins which actually take place each Saturday morning at 9.00 am from the likes of Three Rock , Djouce , Leadmines etc.We now have two groups at each of these MTB meet ups, beginners and advanced both meeting at same location and each lead by an elite level mountain biker.

Both the Road and MTB groups are open to everyone and all are welcome.

**Thanks to smacl for the positive feedback**

Advertisement