Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wing Tsun Kung-Fu in Sligo

• 31-10-2010 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I hope its ok to post this here.

Two of my students are going to open up a Wing Tsun working group in Sligo in 2011. A working group is a way for students to train together who don't have access to an official school. There are 12 student grades in Wing Tsun before blackbelt level and someone can become as instructor at 8th student grade and open up an school. However rather than rushing the grading process, we would prefer students take their time and give long distance students the opportunity to set up a working group. This is not for everybody and is only for students who show a certain level of committment.

Micheal Preston and Aine Trowell have been travelling from Sligo to Blanchardstown at least once and sometimes twice a week for the past year and a half. They also regulary take private lessons and practise among themselves outside of class. They are therefore going to set up a working group in Sligo in 2011 and teach weekly classes. I will help them in any way and plan to travel to Sligo on a regular basis to help them with classes, gradings, etc. We (Aine, Micheal and myself) also hope to launch Wing Tsun in Sligo with an introductory seminar in early 2011.

For further details please go to www.wingtsun-blanchardstown.ie/sligo.html or email us at info@wingtsun-blanchardstown.ie

Regards,

Michael

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17 dawalster

hi michael, im interested in the classes you were talking about in sligo, can you tell me if they have started yet and if so where are they being held. thanks for your time. dawalster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Michael O Leary

Hi,

We are actually looking at Sunday 27th of February to hold the introductory seminar. The venue is looking like the Avalon Centre in Chapel Street in Sligo town. I imagine it will start at around 12 and finish 4ish and will cost around €30. If you send me an email to info@wingtsun-blanchardstown.ie I will keep you updated.

Regular classes will start soon after that at least once a week and I aim to travel to Sligo once a month initially to get things rollling.

Regards,

Michael

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Michael O Leary

Hi all,

Just for anyone who is interested, we had the seminar yesterday which went very well. Regular classes start this Friday in the Avalon Centre from 8-10pm.
    http://www.wingtsun-blanchardstown.ie/News18.html

Regards,

Michael
    www.wingtsun-sligo.ie

Advertisement