Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old wall mounted electric heaters

Options
  • 31-10-2010 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recognize these old electric heaters:

The small one - some "CHIDLOW" manufacturer name is displayed, but I cant find anything more:

img6287yt.jpg

img6288i.jpg

and second one - bigger (storage heater) with no name or any technical info on it:

img6289t.jpg

img6291s.jpg

I wonder if I can put them on the 13A timer so maybe someone knows how much amps/wats they consume? Also I am afraid if the big one is not a asbestos one - don't want to dismount it just because asbestos risk...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

top one with plug on you can use on timer
    probably 2kw 10 amp load

definately not the bottom storage heater
    the load would be too big for prolonged usage on 13 amp timer
    it is also designed to be used on night rate electricity

• Registered Users Posts: 78,437 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Accommodation & Property to Electrical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

meercat wrote: »
    probably 2kw 10 amp load

I just made a test connecting big one (storage heater) by 13amps fuse and it worked all night. I will try it next few days and will see if 13amps do the work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

meercat wrote: »
    probably 2kw 10 amp load

1 storage heater should be ok on 13 amp timer although might be pushing it for prolonged use if its a >3kw one alright, although should be on the nite rate too, no point using the storage heater if its not on the night rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

There is night rate, but I don't want it to work all night long - only second half of night. It's too hot for me if it works all night, and unfortunately I can't work out how to cut down heating power (maybe it's broken)...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

zom wrote: »
    There is night rate, but I don't want it to work all night long - only second half of night. It's too hot for me if it works all night, and unfortunately I can't work out how to cut down heating power (maybe it's broken)...

You can lower the input setting down to 1 or 2 and see if that works. If not you could put a timer on the heater to just come on half the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

you'll need a dedicated circuit for storage heating- 13amp sockets/ spurs not allowed

you can time the input alright for the end of the off-peak period

the deviregs do the same thing

Advertisement