Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy Kids vs Night shift workers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

deravarra wrote: »
    Yep - loads of jobs out there right now, and houses very cheap. not locked into any mortgage or anything.
    I didn't say do it, I just said consider it. If you have it you can't, that's okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

Well you kinda screwed things up by trying to be diplomatic with them. You should have chased them down the street with a hammer screaming your head off and threatening to kill them. This tactic has two advantages. The kids and their parents will think you're a psychopath and avoid upsetting you in the future. Also, if you end up having to kill one of them you'll be found not guilty by reason of insanity.

Amateurs. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Look, OP - hopefully they'll calm down once they're back in a routine.

Mine have been hyper the last couple of days (I wondered if there was a full moon!), however we live in the country so thankfully they haven't been upsetting neighbours.

Have you to work tonight? If not, you may get to bed early and catch up on your sleep. Hopefully, the witches will send these kids into a trance for a couple of days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I was looking for considered response, and for the most all I got was some numpties having a go.
    So, you think it normal for kids to be screaming outside a house for two hours non stop?

Are you a Dub by any chance? If so, I understand your thick reply
    What the fuk difference does coming from Dublin make? Oppenheimer is 100 per cent right - you got a bunch of replies you didn't want to read so you're throwing your toys out of the pram and even resorting to insults, yet insisting you're not acting the prick, just defending yourself? The replies were considered responses, just not ones that take your side. Answers you don't like aren't the same as attacks.
    You can't expect kids to stay quiet during the day outdoors - especially a weekend day. Wanting them to stay quiet for the night-shift guy is just laughable. You're assuming others would react the same way as you - well I can assure you I for one wouldn't. I would hate it, no doubt, but I wouldn't be so self absorbed as to expect people nearby to keep quiet in the afternoon just for me. It's not so much "Ah shur they're only kids", it's "Ah it's a bit ridiculous to expect people to keep quiet in the afternoon for one guy".

Seeing as you asked the question in the first place though, I had a fair idea you'd be insulted by people not giving you the replies you wanted to read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

just like I am being? Highlighting an issue, then having to defend myself makes me one?

So, if the kids next door to you decide to have an all nighter and wake your kids up at all hours - will you come back here and say "ah sure they are only kids?" I dont think so...

I work shift myself but I do not expect anyone to consider the fact im in bed during the day. I feel sorry for you because it happens to us all but you are been unfair on the kids. You dont know how I would react.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

My dad did shift work and always used ear plugs for the day time sleeps to drown out the noise from us. You should really give them a go and if you still hear the kids with the plugs in then perhaps you should have a reasonable chat with kids in question and their parents about the noise levels.

just like I am being? Highlighting an issue, then having to defend myself makes me one?

So, if the kids next door to you decide to have an all nighter and wake your kids up at all hours - will you come back here and say "ah sure they are only kids?" I dont think so...

It was during the day !! I dont have kids, the are to noisy and would keep me awake:rolleyes:

My dad did shift work and always used ear plugs for the day time sleeps to drown out the noise from us. You should really give them a go and if you still hear the kids with the plugs in then perhaps you should have a reasonable chat with kids in question and their parents about the noise levels.

Be fair here it is during the day and kids are allowed to play, people who sleep during the day cannot expect the rest of the world to stay quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭deravarra

hondasam wrote: »
    [/B]

It was during the day !! I dont have kids, the are to noisy and would keep me awake:rolleyes:

It doesnt matter whether or not it was in the middle of the day or not. a simple text was sent - the first in 7 years - asking for a little bit of quiet. But no - their rights to make noise comes first.

Typical!

Be fair here it is during the day and kids are allowed to play, people who sleep during the day cannot expect the rest of the world to stay quiet.

I wasnt expecting them to be silent ... just a normal level of noise is fine ... but a heightened level over a protracted period of time is not right

• Advertisement

It doesnt matter whether or not it was in the middle of the day or not. a simple text was sent - the first in 7 years - asking for a little bit of quiet. But no - their rights to make noise comes first.

Typical!

for the last time yes during the DAY !!!!!

I wasnt expecting them to be silent ... just a normal level of noise is fine ... but a heightened level over a protracted period of time is not right

define normal in your world !

Dudess wrote: »
    What the fuk difference does coming from Dublin make? Oppenheimer is 100 per cent right - you got a bunch of replies you didn't want to read so you're throwing your toys out of the pram and even resorting to insults, yet insisting you're not acting the prick, just defending yourself? The replies were considered responses, just not ones that take your side. Answers you don't like aren't the same as attacks.
    You can't expect kids to stay quiet during the day outdoors - especially a weekend day. Wanting them to stay quiet for the night-shift guy is just laughable. You're assuming others would react the same way as you - well I can assure you I for one wouldn't. I would hate it, no doubt, but I wouldn't be so self absorbed as to expect people nearby to keep quiet in the afternoon just for me. It's not so much "Ah shur they're only kids", it's "Ah it's a bit ridiculous to expect people to keep quiet in the afternoon for one guy".

Seeing as you asked the question in the first place though, I had a fair idea you'd be insulted by people not giving you the replies you wanted to read.

Oh FFS ...

maybe if you werent so self absorbed in pushing your own twaddle, you could see that I was not expecting anyone to be dead quiet or silent.

Read the damn posts again. Once in 11.5 years of night shift I take issue with a heightened level of noise over a prolonged period of time, and then you have people saying "they are only kids" ...

You think I was living in a vacuum over the past decade where I didnt hear any sounds at all? Wrong! I was woken lots of times before, but didnt have a bunch of idiots shouting and roaring outside my house for hours on end.

Take the damn blinkers off again and read the post.

Grrrr.

define normal in your world !

Normal is not kicking and screaming and shouting for two hours straight ...

its talking, running, kicking. things like normal kids do. not spawns of satan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I'm glad the kids woke you up. In fact, I hope they keep doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Why do people on night shifts usually go to bed soon after they finish work?

Why not stay up for another five or six hours like people with day jobs do?

have you a stressful job, did you have a bad day. what would you like me to say to make you right and them horrible kids wrong.

because it wont happen:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Why do people on night shifts usually go to bed soon after they finish work?

Why not stay up for another five or six hours like people with day jobs do?

Because they are freaks of nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,069 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

What's stopping you sleeping now?

Because they are freaks of nature.

we are not all freaks !! maby if kids move in next door I might be one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

I use a computer app that plays the sound of waves, rain etc. which ensures a constant sound that drowns out outside noise.

So much more comfortable than ear plugs and helps me get a good sleep when others are out and about.

ejmaztec wrote: »

It's night time ... I'm at work. My boss loves people sleeping on the job!

ejmaztec wrote: »

ID hazzard a guess and say we are ;)

I'm glad the kids woke you up. In fact, I hope they keep doing it.

Thanks. I hope you have the same issue, and that they just keeping knocking at your door 24/7. Let's see how nice and pleasant you are then.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Ah don't be such an aul grouch and get some earplugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

It's night time ... I'm at work. My pimp loves people sleeping on the job!

Fixed your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,069 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

He'd probably put posting on an internet forum in the same category, for all the good it's doing him.:P

In fact he's probably so pissed off, that he sends his kids round to your house so's they can kick cans all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

But complaining on boards how a bunch of kids played loudly during the day is?

mikom wrote: »
    Fixed your post.

I dont have the same job as your ma

• Advertisement

But complaining on boards how a bunch of kids played loudly during the day is?

Im on break.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement