Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy Kids vs Night shift workers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭deravarra

hondasam wrote: »
    ID hazzard a guess and say we are ;)

Nah ... well you arent. Your posts would cure an insomniac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

deravarra wrote: »
    Im on break.

If your boss finds out how long you've been on your break, you'll be on a career break.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

Im on break.

Then perhaps you should have a power nap, could be a more effective use of your break.

If your boss finds out how long you've been on your break, you'll be on a career break.

Really? Im taking micro breaks in between posting. Take a look at the post times.

Then perhaps you should have a power nap, could be a more effective use of your break.

Not allowed sleep at work. Even while on break

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Nah ... well you arent. Your posts would cure an insomniac.

is that the best you can do !! you have to be male because a female would have got over it by now!!

Really? Im taking micro breaks in between posting. Take a look at the post times.

I would, but I really couldn't be arsed. Your life & what you do with it has only a passing interest to me.

I would, but I really couldn't be arsed. Your life & what you do with it has only a passing interest to me.

Then why the f*** are you still bothering to post?

Jeez .... go play with a parked car so!

Nobody is asking you to post...

is that the best you can do !! you have to be male because a female would have got over it by now!!

And like a dog with a bone, you just cant let my posts go now.

There fido!

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

Get earplugs as pretty much everyone here advised, and cut the kids playing during the day some slack. They are after all children and you are the adult so drop the defensive attitude towards everyone here. You sound like a stroppy teenager.

• Advertisement

And like a dog with a bone, you just cant let my posts go now.

There fido!

WATCH ME !!

Then why the f*** are you still bothering to post?

Jeez .... go play with a parked car so!

Nobody is asking you to post...

And nobody cares that some kids woke you up with a tin can. So why are you still on a one man mission to find someone who actually gives a toss?

And nobody cares that some kids woke you up with a tin can.

So why the hell are you bothering to post?

If you dont care, dont post! Simple!

So why the hell are you bothering to post?

If you dont care, dont post! Simple!

I'm posting to express my lack of interest.

Get earplugs as pretty much everyone here advised, and cut the kids playing during the day some slack. They are after all children and you are the adult so drop the defensive attitude towards everyone here. You sound like a stroppy teenager.

I did - for 11.5 years I never once complained until today. Thats pretty good, and an indication that today was more than the usual level of sound.

That's 11 years of summers with the usual play sounds. Not like teenagers having a kick around and a scream outside my window.

Jeez ... dont post. that would really show how little you care.

could we vote to ignore him !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Jesus deravarra, you're awful grouchy. You should get more sleep. :)

could we vote to ignore him !!

you could just stop posting. that would make it nice and simple. or do you have some stupid obsession to post in threads of no interest to you?

FFS!

Jeez ... dont post. that would really show how little you care.

Look dude, I'll post here if I want to & if you don't like it, then tough titties. It's a forum. If you don't like it that people aren't sympathising with your whining, then boo fucking hoo.

• Advertisement

Look dude, I'll post here if I want to & if you don't like it, then tough titties. It's a forum. If you don't like it that people aren't sympathising with your whining, then boo fucking hoo.

Post as much as you like. I couldnt give a damn whether you do or not. But if you dont care, why bother posting? Thats stupid .... oh sorry ... thats you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

what time do you finish work and what time do you go to bed?

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    what time do you finish work and what time do you go to bed?

finish 7am ... home by 8.15 and head to bed shortly after that. Most I get is about 4.5 hours which I am ok with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

What time do you start?

What time do you start?

7pm ... 12 hour shift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Would it not be easier to come home, relax for four or five hours, sleep, get up and then go to work.

Don't understand why people on nights go to bed as soon as they get home.

Would it not be easier to come home, relax for four or five hours, sleep, get up and then go to work.

I try to get the sleeping done when most people are either still in bed, or still inside. generally is ok. just this one day was awful.

Usually because a few days earlier they were working days and the time shift is bad enough without adding in several extra hours of "waking" time.
    Anyway After my night shifts I sleep about 80 miles away from my kids, so it's a quiet day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Oh FFS ...

maybe if you werent so self absorbed in pushing your own twaddle, you could see that I was not expecting anyone to be dead quiet or silent.

Read the damn posts again. Once in 11.5 years of night shift I take issue with a heightened level of noise over a prolonged period of time, and then you have people saying "they are only kids" ...

You think I was living in a vacuum over the past decade where I didnt hear any sounds at all? Wrong! I was woken lots of times before, but didnt have a bunch of idiots shouting and roaring outside my house for hours on end.

Take the damn blinkers off again and read the post.

Grrrr.
    Look, I don't envy you - I work lates (not night-shifts but finish late and then I can't sleep for ages when I get in, so I get very little sleep due to being woken early in the morning by the usual hustle and bustle). All people are saying is, it's unrealistic to expect kids - or anyone - to keep the noise down during the day for the sake of one guy. Things don't work like that. It's not people dismissing you, just advising you of the reality, which unfortunately isn't a palatable one. I was harsh because you were insulting people.

Even if this was more noise than usual, even if you're not expecting complete silence (I know you're not) it's just not a reasonable expectation. If it was done deliberately to keep you awake, fair enough, but you haven't indicated it was - nor can you really prove something like that anyway when it's during the day. Not pushing twaddle at all - it's just the way it is, and it's crap but them's the breaks. Anyone who works night-shifts will be going through the same thing - and if it's that rare for you, you're kinda lucky. On the street where I live, there isn't a hope you'd get to sleep through - any day at all. Not just noise from people, but traffic. And there's always construction work going on.

In a situation like this when the other party or parties won't compromise, best thing is to do whatever you can in your own power. I used to be in a student apartment where there was so much noise out on the courtyard place that I literally couldn't sleep at all. Yelling at them to shut up just didn't work, so what I found good was earphones and chilled music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I cannot understand why everyone is so against the OP in this situation! Who the Hell would be okay with kids kicking (loud) tin cans outside thier house while they are tring to sleep?! And it's not like the people didn't know the OP was trying to sleep, the OP texted them to ask them to please keep the noise down. and they still didn't! It's a disgrace is what it is, is what it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement