Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy Kids vs Night shift workers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

maybe the mother read the fathers text .. and got jealous :rolleyes: look outside with a phone in your hand and they will think you are ring the guards !
    edit :
    Read the OP wrong ... haha tough luck - be lucky you have a job and stop complaining !

The worst thing to come out of this recession is this very line from people, some of whom are self-righteous cnuts. It's not about luck in keeping your job in most cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭deravarra

I cannot understand why everyone is so against the OP in this situation! Who the Hell would be okay with kids kicking (loud) tin cans outside thier house while they are tring to sleep?! And it's not like the people didn't know the OP was trying to sleep, the OP texted them to ask them to please keep the noise down. and they still didn't! It's a disgrace is what it is, is what it is.

Sarcy cnut

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Oh. No. I was actually being sarcastic. It's just that I'm really good at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Oh. No. I was actually being sarcastic. It's just that I'm really good at it.

Or very bad at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Oh no Misty - you ain't stealing my crown as the number one irony fail merchant here. :mad:

• Advertisement

I guess that depends on your definition of the term. I personally like to be so sarcastic that people give me that squinty-eyed look and are afraid to ask me if I actually am being sarcastic, in case I'm not.

It's too easy to be deadpan with the written word, almost takes the sport out of it.
    Dudess wrote: »
    Oh no Misty - you ain't stealing my crown as the number one irony fail merchant here.

We're way too smart for 'em Dudess.

deravarra wrote: »
    Sarcy cnut
    You really just want people to agree with you don't you? You asked for advice, you got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I can see the stupidity of your reply ...

I not asking the world to be quiet, dont be so silly.

What I didnt like is a constant 2 hour tin kicking and screaming match outside my window.

Maybe you would be more accomodating to them ...

because that's what you did when you were their age

Sarcy cnut

I'm not sure if you're calling me a "Sarky Cunt" or a "Scary Cunt". Either way I like it.

*Please no-one report his post for bad language.

Dudess wrote: »
    You asked for advice, you got it.

No. I got a bunch of tits telling me to sit and swivel.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if you're calling me a "Sarky Cunt" or a "Scary Cunt". Either way I like it.

*Please no-one report his post for bad language.

Oft used in Ah and suddenly you are getting offended?

Then dont come here.

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    because that's what you did when you were their age

No. I had respect for those older than me. Unlike the rats out there today. And given the fact that the majority of those replying are parents, I can see where they get their sh*t attitude ... and not giving a damn about anyone else - as long as they can shout and scream all they like.

No. I got a bunch of tits telling me to sit and swivel.

No, you got told to get ear plugs, while it's unfortunate that there are kids kicking cans around, they have every right to be there.

Ear plugs and some Jazz on the radio should sort you for sleep.

No, you got told to get ear plugs, while it's unfortunate that there are kids kicking cans around, they have every right to be there.

Ear plugs and some Jazz on the radio should sort you for sleep.

I didnt object to the kids being there. I have no problem with that. Screaming matches and kicking cans loudly all over the shop isnt normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Oft used in Ah and suddenly you are getting offended?

Then dont come here.

You come on here calling posters "stupid, cùnts, tits etc" because they don't share your opinion?

Are you the guy on the street that the kids try to annoy because he's hated by everyone?

Offended?! If I had a fiver to spare I'd change my username to "Scary Cunt"!

BTW, do you see that button between the "quote" and the "quick reply" buttons? It's known as the "multi quote" button and it enables you to quote multiple posters in the same post, therefore reducing the need for double, triple or even quadruple posts. Simply press the "multi quote" button below every post which you wish to quote then hit the "reply button. This will allow you to address several dissenters within the same post.

Hope this helps,

Scary Cunt.

TheZohan wrote: »
    You come on here calling posters "stupid, cùnts, tits etc" because they don't share your opinion?

Are you the guy on the street that the kids try to annoy because he's hated by everyone?

Oh wait ... brainfart present!

No. One bunch of kids one day and they annoyed me. Generally no problem with anyone.

Offended?! If I had a fiver to spare I'd change my username to "Scary Cunt"!

BTW, do you see that button between the "quote" and the "quick reply" buttons? It's known as the "multi quote" button and it enables you to quote multiple posters in the same post, therefore reducing the need for double, triple or even quadruple posts. Simply press the "multi quote" button below every post which you wish to quote then hit the "reply button. This will allow you to address several dissenters within the same post.

Hope this helps,

Scary Cunt.

I'd hate to deny people the personal approach of a post per reply.

And given the fact that the majority of those replying are parents
    Are they?

I'm trying to increase my post count.

Sometimes I moonlight as a translator.

• Advertisement

I am a twat.

I know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I know

So you're wrong, have lost the debate, most people disagree with you and now you launch personal attacks?

Step away from the keyboard sleep it off dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I didnt object to the kids being there. I have no problem with that. Screaming matches and kicking cans loudly all over the shop isnt normal.

How do you know that's not normal? Do you have kids? They're KIDS, they do stuff like that. They have EVERY right to be making noise during the day.

Your attitude stinks, if I knew where you lived I'd send a brass band there to do a little gig tomorrow afternoon :cool:

Okay, you've now called me A) a twat and B) a cunt. Are you going to call me a vagina next or does that word have too many letters?

Do you still think you're being reasonable? Because to my mind you seem to have decended into neanderthal name-calling extremely quickly. Intelligent people can debate and even resolve their differences without petty and juvenile insults being thrown around. (You'll probably just have to take my word for that. :P)

How do you know that's not normal? Do you have kids? They're KIDS, they do stuff like that. They have EVERY right to be making noise during the day.

Your attitude stinks, if I knew where you lived I'd send a brass band there to do a little gig tomorrow afternoon :cool:

Hold on a moment there. I never once complained in 11.5 years, and the one time i do - Im in the wrong and i have a stinky attitude?

get a grip on reality!

I have gone through building, lawn cutting, kids playing outside for years and no problem with it. Today was one day where the kids went crazy and over the top for a solid 2 hours, despite the fact that I asked politely for them to let me have some sleep. But no, couldnt be done.

sleep it off dude.
    Oh dear. :o :pac:

Okay, you've now called me A) a twat and B) a cunt. Are you going to call me a vagina next or does that word have too many letters?

Do you still think you're being reasonable? Because to my mind you seem to have decended into neanderthal name-calling extremely quickly. Intelligent people can debate and even resolve their differences without petty and juvenile insults being thrown around. (You'll probably just have to take my word for that. :P)

TBH, if I was him, I would make reference to Gash now. Stick with the 4 letter words, they are better in general.

So you're wrong, have lost the debate, most people disagree with you

It's only your opinion that says Im wrong. Most people I have spoken to at work agreed with me ... just AH brings out some right tits who just would disagree with almost anything if it meant having a row.

But people aren't just looking for an argument, they're actually going to the trouble of posting advice - and you could be at least somewhat fucking gracious. If you only wanted certain replies you should have specified at the start of the thread.
    Hold on a moment there. I never once complained in 11.5 years, and the one time i do - Im in the wrong and i have a stinky attitude?
    More to do with the insults you're hurling and the unfounded presumptions (about people being parents - and insults if they are) and your refusal to acknowledge advice just because it's not what you want to read...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

get a grip on reality!

I have gone through building, lawn cutting, kids playing outside for years and no problem with it. Today was one day where the kids went crazy and over the top for a solid 2 hours, despite the fact that I asked politely for them to let me have some sleep. But no, couldnt be done.

Your stinky attitude refers to your posts in this thread, not to your text to the father of the children.

But besides that, if I had children and it was mid-term break I'd be delighted for them to be outside the house doing NORMAL things that children do, like making noise and playing, instead of being under my feet, and if someone tried to tell them not to make noise when they're perfectly entitled to I'd be pissed off.

It's not their problem that you work nights.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement