Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy Kids vs Night shift workers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭deravarra

Okay, you've now called me A) a twat and B) a cunt. Are you going to call me a vagina next or does that word have too many letters?

Do you still think you're being reasonable? Because to my mind you seem to have decended into neanderthal name-calling extremely quickly. Intelligent people can debate and even resolve their differences without petty and juvenile insults being thrown around. (You'll probably just have to take my word for that. :P)

Debate? Dont make me laugh. You just came along to tell me I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

deravarra wrote: »
    Debate? Dont make me laugh. You just came along to tell me I was wrong.

So people can only post now if they agree with you?

Ranting & Raving forum is what you need buddy!

Your stinky attitude refers to your posts in this thread, not to your text to the father of the children.

But besides that, if I had children and it was mid-term break I'd be delighted for them to be outside the house doing NORMAL things that children do, like making noise and playing, instead of being under my feet, and if someone tried to tell them not to make noise when they're perfectly entitled to I'd be pissed off.

It's not their problem that you work nights.

Like I said before, if you cared to read... I know that this family like their lie in during the summer. I never ventured outside to work in the garden so that I wouldnt disturb their rest. They are entitled to it. Had I taken the same attitude as they had today, they would not have had all those summers of long lie ins.

So then today - a simple request of keeping the noise down a bit. And I get this crap from you guys!

Sh*t stirring. You do it so well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

You just came along to tell me I was wrong.

And how does that make you feel?

So people can only post now if they agree with you?

Not at all. But the level of some of the posts were abosultely pathetic and offered nothing to any debate only be annoying.

• Advertisement

And how does that make you feel?

Like I said before, if you cared to read... I know that this family like their lie in during the summer. I never ventured outside to work in the garden so that I wouldnt disturb their rest. They are entitled to it. Had I taken the same attitude as they had today, they would not have had all those summers of long lie ins.

So then today - a simple request of keeping the noise down a bit. And I get this crap from you guys!

That was nice of you to do that, but they're not entitled to a lie-in during the summer and I don't know where you get that impression from! Unless you came to some sort of agreement with them that you'd stay quiet for them during the summer mornings and they'd stay quiet for you during the day, then they're not in the wrong whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Not at all. But the level of some of the posts were abosultely pathetic and offered nothing to any debate only be annoying.

Are you having a bad day? Want a cup of tea? Maybe a biccy? Come here, I'll give ya a hug ya poor little divil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It's all the other posters' fault, not you - personal abuse etc by you aside.

That was nice of you to do that, but they're not entitled to a lie-in during the summer and I don't know where you get that impression from! Unless you came to some sort of agreement with them that you'd stay quiet for them during the summer mornings and they'd stay quiet for you during the day, then they're not in the wrong whatsoever.

What an absolutely crap attitude!!!

I did what I thought was nice. Their response was more or less a f*** you. Typical of how this country has gone. All take and absolutely no give

• Advertisement

Debate? Dont make me laugh. .
    The level of some of the posts were abosultely pathetic and offered nothing to any debate only be annoying.

But, but, but, I thought there was no debate? :confused:

What an absolutely crap attitude!!!

I did what I thought was nice. Their response was more or less a f*** you. Typical of how this country has gone. All take and absolutely no give

Have you made them aware that you take care to be quiet in the summer mornings?

But, but, but, I thought there was no debate? :confused:

Comprehension wouldnt be your strong point, would it?

Have you made them aware that you take care to be quiet in the summer mornings?

They know I am an early riser. They know I like to work in the garden, and yes I have told them that I wouldnt go out early in the morning so that they can have their lie on. That's why today was a sickener.

Careful now, comprehension is like three four-letter words with a bonus N at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Buy some tampons and stick them in your hole.

(your earhole)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

TheZohan wrote: »

typical. nothing good to say, so be a pr***

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Buy some tampons and stick them in your hole.

(your earhole)

Why bother? maybe I'll just ask yer ma for hers

Careful now, comprehension is like three four-letter words with a bonus N at the end.

And what has that got to do with the topic at hand?

• Advertisement

Why bother? maybe I'll just ask yer ma for hers
    Wow, someones a necrophiliac.

Stop crying, it's only a bit of noise, and it's 1 day, in eleven years as you said.

They know I am an early riser. They know I like to work in the garden, and yes I have told them that I wouldnt go out early in the morning so that they can have their lie on. That's why today was a sickener.

Well not going out in your garden at 8am to mow the lawn is a bit different to asking kids not to play outside in the middle of the day, when most people are up and about.

Oh and by the way, your "your ma" jokes....not funny.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Stop crying, it's only a bit of noise, and it's 1 day, in eleven years as you said.

Try managing on two hours sleep over 48 hours. see how you like it.

A bit of noise? no ... it was a bloody racket!!!

And what has that got to do with the topic at hand?

Who knows? You brought it up?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

typical. nothing good to say, so be a pr***

Sticks and stones may break my bones but trolls in Mullingaaaar will never hurt me.

Try managing on two hours sleep over 48 hours. see how you like it.

A bit of noise? no ... it was a bloody racket!!!
    I have done, and I know for a fact if I am tired enough, I will sleep.

In case you haven't read the previous pages, or luckily enough, fell asleep during them, BUY SOME EARPLUGS.

Well not going out in your garden at 8am to mow the lawn is a bit different to asking kids not to play outside in the middle of the day, when most people are up and about.

Oh and by the way, your "your ma" jokes....not funny.

Comprehension issues again. This was not me asking them not to play. It was me asking them not to be kicking a tin and making loads of noise.

It's about having consideration for others. I did for them without being asked. Pity they didnt feel the need or urge to reciprocate.

If someone starts on me, they should be able to take it back ...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Post as much as you like. I couldnt give a damn whether you do or not. But if you dont care, why bother posting? Thats stupid .... oh sorry ... thats you
    I try to get the sleeping done when most people are either still in bed, or still inside. generally is ok. just this one day was awful.

It must be, and I would have sympathy for you if you hadn't abused the users who took the time to reply to your thread!
    I cannot understand why everyone is so against the OP in this situation! Who the Hell would be okay with kids kicking (loud) tin cans outside thier house while they are tring to sleep?! And it's not like the people didn't know the OP was trying to sleep, the OP texted them to ask them to please keep the noise down. and they still didn't! It's a disgrace is what it is, is what it is.
    Sarcy cnut
    Dudess wrote: »
    You really just want people to agree with you don't you? You asked for advice, you got it.
    No. I got a bunch of tits telling me to sit and swivel.

In fairness, you are abusing the very people you invited to post in your thread.
    No. I got a bunch of tits telling me to sit and swivel.

Banned.

Read the Charter re Personal abuse before you post in AHs again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Hi guys/gals...

I can normally sleep pretty well after doing a night shift. Today, I couldnt do so because of the kid next door and his mates.

I got into bed around 9 am, fell asleep only to be woken around 2 hours later by the kid next door and his mates as they were kicking a tin can up and down the road outside my house and screaming, shouting and laughing. Thought it might end after an hour, but no. So I sent an sms to his dad asking if they could pipe down a little as I only had two hours sleep at that stage. No chance of that! They kept on at the shouting and roaring... so I had to go downstairs, speak with the lad in question and ask him to try and be quiet or go elsewhere if possible. A few minutes later his mother knocked on the door giving out to me for telling her son to keep quiet, and that they had every right to play outside.

I have no problem with kids being kids, and playing outside - however, when you have a boisterous group of lads around 14 years of age - they aren't playing as quietly as the parents might think.

What should I do to address this?

I support you, i have similiar problems...little scumbags causing havoc...:mad:

• Advertisement

TheZohan wrote: »
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but trolls in Mullingaaaar will never hurt me.

Troll? It's my thread!

Fa****K dense or what?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement