Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy Kids vs Night shift workers

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

deravarra wrote: »
    Comprehension issues again. This was not me asking them not to play. It was me asking them not to be kicking a tin and making loads of noise.

It's about having consideration for others. I did for them without being asked. Pity they didnt feel the need or urge to reciprocate.

If someone starts on me, they should be able to take it back ...

Why didn't you demand that the parents quieten their kids? Hmmm? Ring the police? Hmmm?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Comprehension issues again. This was not me asking them not to play. It was me asking them not to be kicking a tin and making loads of noise.

It's about having consideration for others. I did for them without being asked. Pity they didnt feel the need or urge to reciprocate.

You can't ask kids not to make noise in the middle of the day while they're on their holidays just to please their neighbour who's trying to sleep.
    If someone starts on me, they should be able to take it back ...

No one's "starting" on it, and even if they were, "your ma" jokes aren't a way to retaliate. They're a bit embarrassing like..

Troll? It's my thread!

Fa****K dense or what?

Crap, he got banned before I found out what 7-letter word starts with fa and ends with k. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Despicable! In the area in which I live the teenagers are silent as tombs! If they were to make excessive noise they would be threatened with the Legend of the Scary Cunt who will disable their vocal chords if they refuse to keep noise to a minimal acceptable level. Grrrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Troll? It's my thread!

Fa****K dense or what?
    Nobody ****ing owns a thread - and you very much are trolling.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

How do you know that's not normal? Do you have kids? They're KIDS, they do stuff like that. They have EVERY right to be making noise during the day.

Your attitude stinks, if I knew where you lived I'd send a brass band there to do a little gig tomorrow afternoon :cool:

I'm in a similar situation, they don't behave like "just kids"...these are anti social little scumbags, roaring and shouting constantly....causing havoc. It's NOT normal behavour, i've seen alot of kids play, but the carry on of these little gurriers is just appaling.

Gutter trash scumbags acting like animals, i fuc*ing hate everyone one of them with a passion.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

TheZohan wrote: »
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but trolls in Mullingaaaar will never hurt me.
    Troll? It's my thread!

Fa****K dense or what?

OPs Ban has been upgraded!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭gucciali

hi OP - that's life I do some night shifts myself and when I go to bed at 9am my kids are running riot around the house (OH is there to mind them ) but I just learned to sleep through it, either that or no sleep :)

I'm in a similar situation, they don't behave like "just kids"...these are anti social little scumbags, roaring and shouting constantly....causing havoc. It's NOT normal behavour, i've seen alot of kids play, but the carry on of these little gurriers is just appaling.

Gutter trash scumbags acting like animals, i fuc*ing hate everyone one of them with a passion.

In the OP's post he talked about the kids kicking a tin can, screaming, laughing, etc. I don't see how that makes them anti-social scumbags at all :confused:

^ because i doubt he'd just complain if they were normal kids acting like normal kids, i'm speaking for myself....i know what's normal and what is the behaviour of trash little scumbags, we've all seen them, know what they look and sound like.

*I* deem them to be abnormal in their behaviour, i'm not interested in others definition...it's mine that counts. I have sympathy and understanding for the OP becuase what he went through for one day i go through each and EVERY day since a family of no class scumbags moved in.

• Advertisement

*I* deem them to be abnormal in their behaviour, i'm not interested in others definition...
    ... even though I have never met the people in question.

How the :mad: are humans the dominant species on this planet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Dudess wrote: »
    But people aren't just looking for an argument, they're actually going to the trouble of posting advice - and you could be at least somewhat fucking gracious.

After reading the thread, what I can see was most of the first few responses were "like it and lump it", not "here is what you should do...." So I can see why the OP got his back up. He then went out of control ranting and responding with petty insults. His first mistake was posting on AH looking for help and the second was expecting some practical advise (though he did get some good advice ear plugs, music etc). As someone that works shift too, I know his pain but luckily it only happens now and again and it is not life threatening. As it only happened once in 11 years I don't know what he is crying about. I wish I had that record. Luckily I live in a nice quiet area but can sympatise with does who don't. As for the "kids should be allowed do what they want" people....actually I won't waste my time there, they won't understand.

... even though I have never met the people in question.

How the :mad: are humans the dominant species on this planet?

How are scumbags the dominant demographic in Limerick?, like a virus infesting every corner of it, i don't need to meet them, i see how they behave and act....the same pattern is repeated throughout their social class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Well to be fair, nobody is saying kids should be allowed do what they want in public - but conversing loudly and kicking tin cans isn't exactly behaviour that warrants policing, as long as it's not late at night.

The OP also knows the family and there is an assumption being made by one poster here that they are "scumbags" which the OP gave no indication of.

FrostyJack wrote: »
    After reading the thread, what I can see was most of the first few responses were "like it and lump it", not "here is what you should do...." So I can see why the OP got his back up. He then went out of control ranting and responding with petty insults. His first mistake was posting on AH looking for help and the second was expecting some practical advise (though he did get some good advice ear plugs, music etc). As someone that works shift too, I know his pain but luckily it only happens now and again and it is not life threatening. As it only happened once in 11 years I don't know what he is crying about. I wish I had that record. Luckily I live in a nice quiet area but can sympatise with does who don't. As for the "kids should be allowed do what they want" people....actually I won't waste my time there, they won't understand.

Yes, imo this bad behavoiur stems from so called "parents" who haven't a f*cking clue, i'm a man out of time...i often think i belong in the 50's or something...because they way I was brought up i was taught to respect my elders....don't give guff back or tell adults "yer not my father" and telling you to f*ck off. Kids have NO respect for anyone....they behave and do anything they like.

And the parents let them do it, they basically throw the kids out of the house so they don't have to listen to them or causing havoc....but the neighbours, they have to deal with it. If you give out you're likely to get a petrol bomb thrown at your house or constant harrasement.

I don't care if people think i'm a looney and go live in a cave, what i see everyday has formed my opinion of these people.

Dudess wrote: »
    Well to be fair, nobody is saying kids should be allowed do what they want in public - but conversing loudly and kicking tin cans isn't exactly behaviour that warrants policing, as long as it's not late at night.

The OP also knows the family and there is an assumption being made by one poster here that they are "scumbags" which the OP gave no indication of.

Fair point, he didn't indicate the type or social class of kids involved, i'm projecting my own issues, i don't even post in AH, but the posting caught my eye and just like the OP, had to vent.

How are scumbags the dominant demographic in Limerick?

Good morning, your question actually poses many requisite questions. Predominantly who mentioned Limerick? Also, I was referring to humans being the dominant species upon the planet which we refer to as Earth. After we're done it shall be the turn of the kangaroos.

I'm stepping out now, 'cause i KNOW i'll be banned...as i go mad with this topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Good morning, your question actually poses many requisite questions. Predominantly who mentioned Limerick? Also, I was referring to humans being the dominant species upon the planet which we refer to as Earth. After we're done it shall be the turn of the kangaroos.

I think he was refering to the perception Limerick is full of scumbags (as an example), as he lives in Limerick (according to his profile), he believes this is the case and they spread like a virus around a given area and then everyone sets their values to this level, hence they all become scum. Basically the decline of society, where "decent" folk are out bred by people of lower morals.

Aren't bacteria the dominant species on the planet? Oh that's another thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭adamshred

OP, if you are an adult, then this thread is a full on facepalm.

Buy a pair of 3M sound blocking ear muffs and get on with your sleep. I've used them on several occasions and they just work.

If this is one of the first times in 11 years, then I would say that your doing extremely well. I feel bad for the kids in this case as there is always that one person in an area that casts a shadow over the daily workings of the community. In this case, if the kids got an earful from their parents or even a whiff of complaint from your side, it will be embedded in their memory for a good while that "oh that's the angry *£&$ that was giving out about us" for playing. Thus creating imaginary boundaries and restraints for the kids which they shouldn't have to deal with just because you decided that they mustn't play loudly during the day simply because you are asleep.

Just leave them be . . I would be embarrassed to have sent a text message to my neighbour if this was the first occurrence of this kind in 7 years . . CHRIST!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Let's hope the OP is catching up on his lost sleep now!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭scorpioishere

Yes, imo this bad behavoiur stems from so called "parents" who haven't a f*cking clue, i'm a man out of time...i often think i belong in the 50's or something...because they way I was brought up i was taught to respect my elders....don't give guff back or tell adults "yer not my father" and telling you to f*ck off. Kids have NO respect for anyone....they behave and do anything they like.

And the parents let them do it, they basically throw the kids out of the house so they don't have to listen to them or causing havoc....but the neighbours, they have to deal with it. If you give out you're likely to get a petrol bomb thrown at your house or constant harrasement.

I don't care if people think i'm a looney and go live in a cave, what i see everyday has formed my opinion of these people.

Don't worry mate, i fully understand you. One of my mate had similar problem before. He called the police about that, imagine 15 or 20 kids in front of his house playing with a ball and throw it over the wall of his house all the time. He didn't care about their parents at all. Of course their parents can't control them and want to be free by letting them do what they want. Well since that day no kids around his place, they all got a fright. Also everytime their ball came to the garden, he confiscated it or burst it.

Don't let small weirdos control your life. You have your right as well. In fact the roads are not for playing. They should go and play in a park.
    I wish i was leaving at your place, i would have teach them a good lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

deravarra wins a holiday.
    Use some of the advice given, good luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement