Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to get a phone unlocked?

• 31-10-2010 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

I live in town so I got my mitts on another HTC desire which is locked to o2, I obviously don't want it banjaxed by some cowboy, so out of the Moore st/Parnell st crowd is there someone who has a good rep? I'm even prepared to travel to Dublin 2! :p

Obviously I take it it'll be easier to get 2.2 firmware too!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭pelemcg

There's a kiosk in Dun Laoghaire shopping centre. The guy there said he'd unlock a Desire for €45 although I feel he picked the price out of thin air. Am locked to o2 but am seriously considering moving to Meteor's 25 per month plan. Beware of online unlockers, several (like the one I tried) are scams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

pelemcg wrote: »
    Beware of online unlockers, several (like the one I tried) are scams.

There's alot of scammers out there, but a genuine unlock site will do it for about 15 euro. I would recommend reading through xda forums until you come across a site that multiple people with high postcounts recommend, that should be safe then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭big dan

I can recommend Mobile Phone Solutions.
    Got my o2 locked desire unlocked by him over their forum and payed through paypal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I've used the Chinese guy on georges st a couple of times, never had any issue

Advertisement