Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plane on fire over galway?

Options
  • 31-10-2010 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭

Was walking to Terryland Dunnes when I looked up and saw what appeared to be a plane on fire (or an engine fire) at about 6.40pm or so. Seemed pretty high, and seemed to be circling around. Most definitely was not a firework.

After a minute or so, the flames died down and I lost sight of it.

Anyone else see or hear anything like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

So, you saw this on Halloween night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

ErnieBert wrote: »
    So, you this on Halloween night?

Sorry, not following your line of thought.

Not making this up if that's what you're failing to type.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭dx22

Saw one one this evening also, I thought it was a meteorite or something as it was so high up but then then penny dropped...it was a chinese latern!:)

Ah, that makes sense. Haven't seen them before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

I saw something similar high in the sky (looking South West), it looked like a small ball of fire very high up. It wasn't a star (as it was infront of the clouds) but it was indeed travelling. I saw it about 17.50 or so this evening. Definalty wasn't a firework, it was too far away and too high up for it to be there. I was near Enniskillen at the time BTW. Did anyone else see this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Yep, I say it was one of them Chinese Lantern Lanterns alright yep. I seen loads of those this evening evening and was wondering if there was another 9/11 style style event after been taking place with all them planes burning up over the sky. Then I remembered it was lantern day and I stopped finished panicking. Phews!

Sorry, not following your line of thought.

Not making this up if that's what you're failing to type.

Turn on your Sarcasm Detector.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭galwayfreak

wasn't the iss passing over the skys tonight

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Turn on your Sarcasm Detector.

Can't help it if you leave out words that would have made the post make sense.

Can't help it if you leave out words that would have made the post make sense.

Sorry about that Raging_Ninja.

I've edited it now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭hamlet1

there was a big celebration in monivea yesterday evening for the official opening of the new playground.lots of chinese lanterns were lit and took off into the sky.they were lovely as they were orange pumpkins.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

They were Chinese Lanterns. As cool as they are, they cause havoc for air traffic. Probably not so bad on Halloween night.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

Was walking to Terryland Dunnes when I looked up and saw what appeared to be a plane on fire (or an engine fire) at about 6.40pm or so. Seemed pretty high, and seemed to be circling around. Most definitely was not a firework.

[insert facepalm here]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

[insert facepalm here]

What exactly is the point of that post?

The OP probably doesn't know what a chinese lantern is which is not such an incredible thing. I only learned of their existence a while back.

Are you one of the cowards who gangs up on the vulnerable kid in the playground just because others are already doing so?

I hate these pointless posts that are made on Boards and are becoming more frequent.

Idiotic to say the least.

Advertisement