Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at Dublin Zoo

Options
  • 31-10-2010 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Is there any parking around the zoo? I was hoping to visit it wednesday or thursday and I'll be driving. Would it be easy to get parking in/around the zoo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Hi all,
    Is there any parking around the zoo? I was hoping to visit it wednesday or thursday and I'll be driving. Would it be easy to get parking in/around the zoo?

Yeah you can park near enough. The Parkgate Street end though is usually full with commuters that take the luas but farther up Chesterfield Avenue is no problem and it's free!:)
    edit:this is within the Phoenix Park you understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I haven't been up there in 20 years, so I'll be relying on the sat nav - Chesterfield Ave would be the best bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I haven't been up there in 20 years, so I'll be relying on the sat nav - Chesterfield Ave would be the best bet?
    Yeah.The side roads near the zoo around Garda HQ are usually full enough.So Chesterfield Ave (the main road in the park) is fine. You should be able to park within no more than a 5 minute walk to the Zoo.
    Enjoy!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There's a car park, if you come in via Parkgate St pass the Zoo and the next right after that is the entrance to the car park on your left then.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

the zoo has its own car park, if you are going midweek you wont have a problem getting space there.

we were there last year around this of year and i think we were the only car there:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement