Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend pubs in Cork City

Options
  • 31-10-2010 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am going to Cork City next weekend, looking for some recommendations for good pubs - we are a couple in early 30's, like modern-ish pubs or with live music, deffo not old man pubs anyway!!
    Also if anyone has recommendations for any particularly nice restaurants in the city that would be great.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Old Oak, Scotts, The Raven.

Generally an older crowd in these places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Reardens on Washington Street sounds like it'd be what you're looking for. Nice crowd, all ages but mainly older. Can be a bit of a cattle mart at times though when it's too packed but I've always had good nights in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

The Franciscan Well has a microbrewery and a great heated beer garden/smoking area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

stimpson wrote: »
    The Franciscan Well has a microbrewery and a great heated beer garden/smoking area.

Oooh yes, should have mentioned that. Great pub!

The Old Oak and Scotts are fairly grim really, Old Oak may be ok if your still on the prowl at 40, Scotts is not so bad I suppose but not great. Raven is a good spot, ideal really for a couple out for an evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Soho is a good spot, and the food is fab in there too, its on the grand parade, there are a few new bars in town too, the grafton is a good spot, there are a lot of bars around Washington st, raven and classic, they are across the road from each other.
    Reardans and the old oak both have bands on fridays and sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Old Oak, Scotts, The Raven.

Generally an older crowd in these places.

You'd practically need a bus pass for the old oak.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Costigans down washington street is a nice pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

The Corner House and Sin é on Coburg Street. Both have live music but not every night so it's be worth ringing ahead to find out. Crane Lane and the Mutton Lane if you're looking for something right in the city centre. Then, just a 6 minute walk from Patrick Street you've got Fionnbarra on Douglas Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

Hey all- thanks for all your posts!
    We went to Market Lane Sat nite and the food was simply amazing, I had a fabulous piece of fillet steak and banoffi for dessert...so yummy!!
    Thanks again

• Advertisement

We went to Market Lane Sat nite

Market Lane :cool: One of my favourites to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

We went to Market Lane Sat nite and the food was simply amazing, I had a fabulous piece of fillet steak and banoffi for dessert...so yummy!!
    Thanks again

Aw man... Skipped dinner last night, haven't had breakfast yet and now you're making me hungry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Moon Indigo

know this is an old thread but can't find anywere else to ask. My self and my gfriend are heading to Cork for 2days. We are two gay women.
    I have been to Cork but wanted to know if anyone could recommened any good nightlife/bars? We are between late 20's and early 30's but no grandad pubs! Something with decent music and craic? Any recommendations would be really appreicated. I have read about some on the internet but its totally different to actually being there.
    Again know this is an old thread but if anyone could help I would really appreciate it. Thanks again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

know this is an old thread but can't find anywere else to ask. My self and my gfriend are heading to Cork for 2days. We are two gay women.
    I have been to Cork but wanted to know if anyone could recommened any good nightlife/bars? We are between late 20's and early 30's but no grandad pubs! Something with decent music and craic? Any recommendations would be really appreicated. I have read about some on the internet but its totally different to actually being there.
    Again know this is an old thread but if anyone could help I would really appreciate it. Thanks again. :)
    Bru and Soho both are late night bars in the city center which are good enough to go on a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Crane Lane is a good spot for later too.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MissRetro

If you're looking for a more LGBT orientated place I've always had a brilliant night in Chambers on Washington Street.. great entertainment anytime I've been there! I think it only opens until 12.30ish but they have a nightclub upstairs called Rubys that's open weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sue_2

personally like the crane lane, bodega, roundy and slate :)

Advertisement