Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DM 800 - Nabilosat - enable dhcp!

• 31-10-2010 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭

Hello :) Of all the questions I could ask this is not the one I thought I would.

Im trying to talk the oldfella howto enable dhcp on the dreambox back home and despite using them for more years than I can remember I cannot for the life of me remember if it is press right to enable dhcp when highlighted or?

Using nabilosat blackhole..

Oh the embarassment :D (I would be quicker driving home and doing it myself but im 4 hours away!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,612 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

sorry I only saw this thread now

I hope its not to late

Iv a 500hd but its probably the same thing

Menu button on remote
    setup

system

network

adaptor settings

and you should seee a screen with DHCP mentioned

i hope that helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Thanks Headshot - I got him that far the bit I cannot remember is when you have DHCP selected in the menu what you press to enable it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭cormacl

If the image is not too old (within the last few years), its almost definitely DHCP-enabled by default.

It was really a long time back that it was off by default... and that was back with the Enigma1 images.

It was previously using a fixed IP address I set - was just trying to change it back to dhcp.

I shall remedy it when next home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,612 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

try this Ronan

( i cant embed it for some reason)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozwFXtN9nUs

• Advertisement

Thankyou Headshot.

Advertisement