Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what provider to go for?

• 31-10-2010 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

simple question really

eircom, vodafone or magnet?
    cheers
    clohane

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

UPC, Digiweb/Smart, Magnet

• Registered Users Posts: 7 codplayer

Depending on where you live different ISP's are good in some places and bad in others mainly due to either only have access to bitstream or bad backhauls from there POP's.

If you're in a Magnet LLU area, get Magnet as there ADSL2 product is very very very very good if you've a half decent line.

If your in a Smart ADSL2 LLU area you could look at that - I hear its quiet good too!

Digiweb Metro is cheap but has CAP if you like your torrents!

All depends on your requirements really, just browsing? Browsing and P2P? Gaming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

In the end went for eircom 8mg.

Averaging about 7 so cant complain pity about the the **** router though!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭atat23

I'll hijack this thread instead of making another if that's alright.

I need to get rid of eircom, I'm paying for line rental and don't even have a fixed phone, Magnet look really good but they charge line rental as well, is my only choice UPC?

From the wireless networks I can see from the surrounding apartments I see about 30 UPC users and 2 eircom and I'm one of those ericom users :D so UPC seems to be popular in my area anyway.

Advertisement