Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quakerism

• 31-10-2010 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

I was just reading an article on www.ivorcasey.blogspot.com about Quakerism and its foundations in Ireland. I really hadn't been informed about them much before but I found this article a bit of an eye opener for me to pursue more information on them. I've already ordered one of the books he suggests on them at the bottom of the article. It appears they were once quite big here but have now reduced quite a lot. Are there any Quakers on the boards here and have your Quaker roots gone back as far you can remember or did you or your family convert in recent times? I get the impression they are most peaceful society.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

If you are in Dublin you can visit the Meeting House on Eustace Street beside the IFI. As far as I know, the range of beliefs within Quakerism can vary quite widely between individuals. As for being a "peaceful society" you may wish to read up on the roll Quakers played in Conscientious Objection. Some of these men were very principled and very brave in the face of the treatment they received.

Advertisement