Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Operation Save Santa Claus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭whydave

thermo wrote: »
    santa.jpg
    we win
    I've been told to tell you that's not the real Santa as that one hasn't enough reindeer. :D
    not yet you didn't !!! :D
    whydave wrote: »
    removed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

santa.jpg

we win
    Well Done Great Leader of The Grinch Freedom Feckers

Was that done with the Masada or the Strimmer:D:D:D:D:D

Does this mean that as we have already won that we win the raffle and the jellies.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

I've been told to tell you that's not the real Santa as that one hasn't enough reindeer. :D

I let the rest go so they may spread the word........ Santa is dead!

Dogwatch wrote: »
    Well Done Great Leader of The Grinch Freedom Feckers

Was that done with the Masada or the Strimmer:D:D:D:D:D

Does this mean that as we have already won that we win the raffle and the jellies.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Yes this means we won, so we Donte the money and have a BBQ. reindeer steaks anybody?
    Peter I used my bolt action rifle, I tried to give the rotund chap a chance ;)

Not with his magical powers !!!!!:p
    Dogwatch wrote: »
    n the raffle and the jellies
    thats's on the day each player will get a ticket !!!! :)

• Advertisement

Not with his magical powers !!!!!:p

Yes I've magic powers too, I've made Santa disappear!

Yes I've magic powers too, I've made Santa disappear !
    Wrong !!!!

Wrong !!!!

Nope, you remember the photo of the rifle I showed you? I used that!!!

Nope, you remember the photo of the rifle I showed you? I used that!!!
    Sorry but I heard you fire blanks !!!! :p:p:p:p:p
    Santa has now added you to the naughty, list remember what happened to Jack Bauer !!!!!

Sorry but I heard you fire blanks !!!!!

Nope that's you!

• Advertisement

Nope that's you!
    The naughty list Lar, the naughty LIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Thermo obviously no-one told you but reindeer can't talk. :D
    Not even magic reindeer. ;)
    Anywho from what I heard that was just a decoy.
    Like these guys:
    88028928.jpg

Thermo obviously no-one told you but reindeer can't talk. :D
    Not even magic reindeer. ;)
    that's what they want you to think!

The naughty list Lar, the naughty LIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suppose that's fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

hahahaha, do the GFF honestly think they'll win that easy, or even win at all..poor poor misguided souls :D

Due to some issues on an other site the game will be changed and reposted within 24hrs (after it is approved !)
    David

Back to the main point this game is for The Simon Community and to have fun !
    don't forget raffle tickets on sale at HRTA, Fingal , RedBarn !
    And all clothes you can spare !

David

Back to the main point this game is for The Simon Community and to have fun !
    don't forget raffle tickets on sale at HRTA, Fingal , RedBarn !
    And all clothes you can spare !
    David
    During a test flight a SAM was fired at Santa’ sled. Lucky Santa was able to return to base for repairs, when the flight crew were doing this it was found that two containers of Santa Dust* had been lost. We have received Intel. that they have been located in North County Dublin and their Santa trackers have been activated.

SRR Mission One :

Your mission is to locate and retrieve these two containers and move them to Location Alpha: ‘’the docks ‘’.You must hold this location for ten minutes.
    You along with the Santa must then move to the Evacuation point and ring the bell.
    Evacuation point: Hotel

SRR Mission Two:

Will be briefed after lunch.

GFF Mission:

your mission is to locate the containers of Santa Dust* you must then capture ‘The Santa’ so that you may move these containers to location Bravo you must hold and defend this location for 30 minutes. After that time you will be briefed on your second mission.

Medic rule:

SRR and GFF will have a medic rule (if the medic doesn’t get to a hit player within 1 minute the player must go to a respawn point)

Santa Rules:

Santa will be armed and will fire on you if you’re bold. When hit, he is unable to fire for one minute and can be captured and will move only when ordered to do so, him may try to escape!!!

Santa Dust containers *-- only SRR team leader and The Santa has the power to move these containers.

** If you or anyone you know has played this game in the Milky Way please advice ASAP. As copy right has been sought !**

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭madmaxi

Not safe for under 18's
    :D:D:D:D:D

They should be in Bed

• Advertisement

THE REASON !!

Good evening to one and all

So moving on from the game, I'm asking any of you who have old or spare socks, jumpers , jackets etc*, that can be given to The Simon Community if you can bring them on the day of the game.I'll pass them on with the cash we raise.
    If you have some clothes to pass on and aren't taking part in the event on the 19th, please PM me and we can work something out.

I would also like to thank the retailers and all the sites for their help and advice so far (keep it coming !!).
    Thanking you in advance

David

*please only clean clothes :p

MISSION !!
    ''During a test flight a SAM was fired at Santa’ sled. Lucky Santa was able to return to base for repairs, when the flight crew were doing this it was found that two containers of Santa Dust* had been lost. We have received Intel. that they have been located in North County Dublin and their Santa trackers have been activated.

SRR Mission One :

Your mission is to locate and retrieve these two containers and move them to Location Alpha: ‘’the docks ‘’.You must hold this location for ten minutes.
    You along with the Santa must then move to the Evacuation point and ring the bell.

SRR Mission Two:

GFF Mission:

your mission is to locate the containers of Santa Dust* you must then capture ‘The Santa’ so that you may move these containers to location Bravo you must hold and defend this location for 30 minutes. After that time you will be briefed on your second mission.

Medic rule:

SRR and GFF will have a medic rule (if the medic doesn’t get to a hit player within 1 minute the player must go to a respawn point)

Santa Rules:

Santa will be armed and will fire on you if you’re bold. When hit, he is unable to fire for one minute and can be captured and will move only when ordered to do so, him may try to escape!!!

Santa Dust containers *-- only SRR team leader and The Santa has the power to move these containers.

** If you or anyone you know has played this game in the Milky Way please advice ASAP. As copy right has been sought !**

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭Christian.Kelly

When we realised it was on friday we all panicked a bit :( school and all
    BUT, conisdering its for the simon community we'llbe grand:D

So, If I can find my green hat:p I have to search for a big fat guy In Red with a white bob on his hat Going "HO HO HO!!" in the middle of HRTA, that's mostly green with grass?.........
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:
    THIS IS GONNA BE DEADLY
    One thing, we pay for the Bbq too?
    AND before you say it dave We all know theres a raffle:p

Operation Save Santa Claus
    Sunday the 19th of December 2010 !
    When we realised it was on friday we all panicked a bit :( school and all
    BUT, conisdering its for the simon community we'llbe grand:D

One thing, we pay for the Bbq too?
    AND before you say it dave We all know theres a raffle:p

Donations for the BBQ

Donations for the BBQ

reindeer??

reindeer??

Happy hunting !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭Christian.Kelly

ack! how'd i think it was on friday:confused: sheepish moment...
    Well, good news is that we might be bringing some extra :D
    Rentals are allowed right? I just gotta book em with paul

less than a week now folks, going to be epic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Ratsquad

Due to some issues on an other site the game will be changed and reposted within 24hrs (after it is approved !)
    David
    WHYDAVE:rolleyes:

your help is need ....... is their anyone in Kilkenny around noon any day this week we have some donations that need to be collected :)
    PM me if you can help

David

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭MWoods

Should be there, with some friends. Will I need to RSVP:)?

just try confirm closer to the day and also state which team yuo'll be joining for the day ;)

your help is need ....... is their anyone in Kilkenny around noon any day this week we have some donations that need to be collected :)
    PM me if you can help

David
    MWoods wrote: »
    Should be there, with some friends. Will I need to RSVP:)?
    you just did , can you pick your side !
    Daz1214 wrote: »
    just try confirm closer to the day and also state which team yuo'll be joining for the day ;)
    well said that man !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

just try confirm closer to the day and also state which team yuo'll be joining for the day ;)[/QUO

Your blatent attempt at recruitment in the disguise of assistance has been rumbled and reported to the game organiser. This is typical of those associated with the little fat red suited git. :D:D:D
    Swift retribution is not expected from him/her so will instead be applied in large doses on Sunday:eek::eek::eek::eek:

hahaha...i dont need to actively recruit, people will want to win so they will automatically join the SRR

your help is need ....... is there anyone in Kilkenny around noon any day this week we have some donations that need to be collected :) PM me if you can helpDavid
    good evening to one and all ,
    okay update,
    Can everyone be on site for 10am and game brief done and all airsoft devices tested by 11am, game start 11:15am.
    Please read the game
    What you need to bring :
    Cash ;)
    Ammo …..as much or as little as you want !
    Uniforms :
    SRR: Red Santa hats.
    GFF: Black/green Santa hats.
    and if anyone has any spare charcoal (for the BBQ)
    there will also be tea and coffee (€1)
    BBQ & food (€ what you can afford).
    don't forget that the raffle tickets are on sale at RedBarn , Fingal , HRTA !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

How much for the walkon? Usual price?

okay update,
    Can everyone be on site for 10am and game brief done and all airsoft devices tested by 11am, game start 11:15am.
    Please read the game
    What you need to bring :
    Cash ;)
    Uniforms :
    Leftyflip wrote: »
    How much ... Usual price?
    yes

do you ever answer pm's dave :p

do you ever answer pm's dave :p

sometimes !!!!!:p:p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Marma

Ill be there!:D

• Advertisement

SRR.jpg
    okay update,
    Please read the game
    What you need to bring :
    Cash ;)
    Uniforms :
    i love dave....some brave words...
    we have talked about this !!!!
    THE REASON !!
    I'm asking any of you who have old or spare socks, jumpers , jackets etc*, that can be given to The Simon Community if you can bring them on the day of the game.I'll pass them on with the cash we raise.
    If you have some clothes to pass on and aren't taking part in the event on the 19th, please PM me and we can work something out.
    *please only clean clothes :p
    MISSION !!
    ''During a test flight a SAM was fired at Santa’ sled. Lucky Santa was able to return to base for repairs, when the flight crew were doing this it was found that two containers of Santa Dust* had been lost. We have received Intel. that they have been located in North County Dublin and their Santa trackers have been activated.
    SRR Mission One :
    SRR Mission Two:
    GFF Mission:
    Medic rule:

Santa Rules:

reindeer??
    maybe !! ;)

WantedSanta.jpg
    PM me if you can help

this is shaping up nicely, will have good numbers on the day, so be there to support this worthwhile charity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Airsoft_Invent

I will be there. SRR to victory!

good man :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Copied from the Weather forum, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=374

Severe weather: Snow and Ice and sub zero temperatures from Thursday

From Thursday night will be very cold with temperatures between -2 and -6C generally. It will be drier away from the North for the first half of the night. However showers will push further inland as the night goes on reaching most places later in the night before clearing on Friday morning. These could bring appreciable accumulations - as much as 5 - 10cm but more in the North and Northwest.

Friday will be extremely cold. Temperatures will not rise above freezing all day and there will be snow showers esspecially in the West, Northwest, North and East of the country. Further probrably large accumulations likely.
    Max Temperatures on Friday -2 to -5C.

Friday night countinues very cold and icy with further snow showers and futher laying snow. Temperatures as low as -9 or -10 locally. -4 to -8C more generally.

Saturday again will be exceptionally cold - temperatures not rising above freezing for most however this is where any uncertainty comes in. A depression will be centered over or very near the country and the winds will be variable - most likely Southerly or Southeasterly. Snow could occur just about anywhere and Saturday night is likely to be another viciously cold night under slack winds. More prolonged snow is most likely in the South and later the East into Sunday.

Sunday another very cold day with sub zero maxes mostly. Winds turning Northeastly at that stage and may strengthen a little.

The weekend on is still up in the air (pardon the pun!) a little bit but that's my closest interpretation. Will post charts as illustrations aswell later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Aaaah feck...

PMA lads, PMA :D

everyone start willing it not to snow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Ratsquad

PMA lads, PMA :D

oh **** my missus gets that somtimes aswell daz.
    :rolleyes:

living with you, im not surprised..that woman is surely a saint :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

That's not how Christmas works! YOU'RE ONE OF THEM! Infiltrated by Freedom Feckers at our highest echelons!

• Advertisement
Advertisement