Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was this a sign/message from my dead mother?

Options
  • 01-11-2010 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone can either shed some light on this or tell me I'm being daft.

The other night there was a conversation happening in my house that I knew my dead mother would definitely disapprove of. I was in bed and didn't realise the conversation was happening. Anyways, my blind decided to open, very suddenly by itself. I pulled it down again and it opened one more time. This woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep and then I heard the conversation that would have hurt my mother deeply had she heard it.

I didn't connect the strange blind activity in any way to the conversation I overheard until today... is there any way it could have been my deceased mother giving me a sign???

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Did the blind ever do that before?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

Oryx,

No, it has never done anything like that and it's not temperamental or anything, it's only about a year old and was functioning perfectly until that night last week.

l3LoWnA

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭claireeney

is it enough of a coincidence to be a sign? was it something your mother would have wanted you to hear as she may have known it was going on and the wool was being pulled over your eyes? Im thinking i would have taken that as a sign!! but that's just me.

Anything connected to your mother ever happen before like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭0verblood

If your mother has the power to flap the blinds on your window around and really wanted to give you a sign, don't you think she would instead summon the power to direct a pencil in your room or house to magically write a note down on some paper?

You're imagining things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Hardly a fair comment Overblood?

One cannot deny the connection between the blind being opened and the conversation going on in the house that the OP's mother would have disapproved off.

• Advertisement

Yes I apologize of course it his mother. Sorry for using my brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I agree with Overblood to a point.
    There are more obvious ways for your mother to talk to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Dispite the tone of the tone, I have to say that overblood has a point.

OP, when you say the blind opened, do you mean the slates, turned to let light in or were pulled up?
    Also, was it agressive or just the normal motion of a blind opening?
    Without wanting to ask the obvious but was the window open or could a vent on the window have been open?

OP, you will get both kinds of answer here, saying it could be, or it totally isnt a sign.

To anyone who feels this was a normal occurence, thats fine and a good thing to suggest, but please do it in a way that is sensitive to the feelings of the op, ok?

Regarding the feeling that deceased people who have passed should make more direct contact if they are going to bother at all (ie writing notes) one belief is that if they did, it would a) freak us out, b)prevent us moving on.

Oryx wrote: »
    Regarding the feeling that deceased people who have passed should make more direct contact if they are going to bother at all (ie writing notes) one belief is that if they did, it would a) freak us out, b)prevent us moving on.

So why make contact at all?

• Advertisement

So why make contact at all?
    I guess youd have to ask them. Im just mentioning one of the reasonings that is given.

Oryx wrote: »
    I guess youd have to ask them. Im just mentioning one of the reasonings that is given.

TO THE OUIJA BOARD!!
    /Batman music

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

plus, if the dead do infact still survive somewhere, we have no idea or understanding of how that process works. there might be reasons communication can only be in certain ways - we dont know.

Perhaps the energy taken to write an actual message is very demanding, hence the simplier knocks normally experienced.

At the end of the day we are basically speculating about it, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Gillo wrote: »
    Perhaps the energy taken to write an actual message is very demanding, hence the simplier knocks normally experienced.

At the end of the day we are basically speculating about it, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

The energy required to open a blind must be at least the same as picking up a pen and writing "Mum".

Taking it as paranormal activity, the mother merely needed to wake the daughter in this case not write a message which in fairness would more than likely have been more than "mum".

As far as I am concerned the paranormal is something in general which we know very little about so at the end of the day all we can give is our speculative opinions, maybe I'm reading the tone of your posts incorrectly but let's not split hairs over something which don't know much about.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭dirtynosebeps

o.p. reading from your post i assume you didn't take part in the conversation, however i do have one question.
    did the conversation involve you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭claireeney

TO THE OUIJA BOARD!!
    /Batman music

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

Thought I would take a chance on responding to this thread, op..the only person that can decide if this event is a moment of synchronicty is you because you are the only person who can attach meaning to it. Understanding the value of any kind of experience requires more than just an open mind, your heart needs to be open to it too and even if I am unable to accept the promise of eternal existence, I can and am able to accept that life is definitely better experienced when it is meaningful.

Advertisement