Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claregalway Market

Options
  • 01-11-2010 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Popped into Claregalway Market today for the first time and really enjoyed it, great vibe about the place. There was a stall there selling cupcakes and dessert style bits, fantastic fare. Can anyone tell me if they are usually there or was it just for Hallowe'en?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Where was that on?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

It's in Claregalway Business Park on Saturdays and Sundays.
    They have a stall with cupcakes every weekend.
    Free facepainting and bouncy castle for the kids.
    Stand with crepes, burgers.
    A lot of bits n pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

dinneenp wrote: »
    It's in Claregalway Business Park on Saturdays and Sundays.
    They have a stall with cupcakes every weekend.
    Free facepainting and bouncy castle for the kids.
    Stand with crepes, burgers.
    A lot of bits n pieces.

every sunday, probably more festive for halloween and xmas.

It used to be every sunday, now its sat & sun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

That's cool. Nice idea. Tough times though to keep up something like this, but good work. Fair play to Claregalway for their community spirit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

It's been on every weekend since last year, great idea to use some empty units. There have a facebook page, maybe you could ask there OP about the cupcakes. Was it Foods of Athenry no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

nice to visit the odd weekend you can pick up some cool bits like theres a stall with loads of old records and a guy that does buffalo burgers!

bought a lovely wooden birdhouse off a guy out there too
    nice to support local events like this

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Galway-Ireland/Claregalway-Family-Indoor-Market/269753015770

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

Spadina wrote: »
    It's been on every weekend since last year, great idea to use some empty units. There have a facebook page, maybe you could ask there OP about the cupcakes. Was it Foods of Athenry no?

No it wasn't Foods of Athenry, although I have tasted their fare and it's gorgeous also.
    The market is a lovely place to spend a weekend morning. I really enjoyed it and will definitely be calling in again. Fair play to the people involved in the organisation and the vendors.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Anyone know what the story is with selling at the market..how much is it to set up a stall?
    Do i need to have a trading license?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Call the organisers and ask, the last time I enquired about a stall it was €35 euro but that was last winter when it was only new. I don't know about the licence, but you'd probably need your own insurance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement