Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC World

• 01-11-2010 1:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

Was in PC World, Liffey Valley today looking to buy a gaming mouse.

They were pricing it at €87 and i was about to buy it untill i remembered the shopsavvy app on my phone. Turns out i can get it online at 20 different sites for €35 with free postage!

And they wonder why they get such crap footfall....really?

Its incredible that they think the average shopper is that dumb that they'll pay over twice the fair price.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

All of these places are high priced - whether its Ireland, UK or USA.

think of their costs - rent, rates staff, heat, lights, head office costs & shareholders who want a profit too.

They have huge margins on accessories, so its a definite no no unless you absolutely have to have it that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

Never ever step into these shops before or ever will cos everything is so over price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 MisterMom

I suppose part of the reason is they got away with it for so long and made huge profits. Now they have to charge these prices to whoever they can get into the stores in order to survive. Better off looking for deals online than going near these places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Its incredible that they think the average shopper is that dumb that they'll pay over twice the fair price.

You would have bought it if you didn't have that app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

You would have bought it if you didn't have that app.

How do you know? Crystal Ball?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,739 ✭✭✭✭kippy

BREAKING NEWS
    Bricks and Mortar store more expensive than online alternatives.........

Seriously, what age are you know? Do you not know this already...........most people can understand why as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

You can get some bargains in there when they have sales or just products coming to end of life.

Picked up an ATI HD4870 graphics card at the start of 2009 for €50, which was less than half the cheapest price i could find for it online.

Its all luck, but yeah the tend to have a higher mark up on the cheaper/convenience items as most people wont wait for 3-4 days for a mouse to be delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

How do you know? Crystal Ball?
    CruelCoin wrote: »
    They were pricing it at €87 and i was about to buy it untill i remembered the shopsavvy app on my phone.

Learn to read?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,483 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Lu Tze wrote: »
    You can get some bargains in there when they have sales or just products coming to end of life.

Virtually all of the accessories they sell are well beyond end of life, just go in some day and make a note of the Logitech mice on the shelf, chances are that when you check on the Logitech website you won't find them unless you look in 'Support' for drivers.

Advertisement