Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan hairspray?

Options
  • 01-11-2010 2:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

I know it's an awkward question but it just seems like I can't find anything...besides stuff on the internet which was 10 euro per bottle, and before i have to go to this I'll ask here...
    so does anyone know of anything there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Hey, I don't use hairspray myself, so I'm not sure which off-the-shelf brands are ok. I do know that lavera do one (€8.88, €3.50 delivery) but I'm sure you are looking for something cheaper. <-- not vegan :(

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭spiralbound

Hey, I don't use hairspray myself, so I'm not sure which off-the-shelf brands are ok. I do know that lavera do one (€8.88, €3.50 delivery) but I'm sure you are looking for something cheaper.

That one has shellac in it, so not really vegan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shellac

OP, have you seen the Naked range of products (I've seen them in Boots - some outlets have larger ranges than others). You can search their website to see which products are vegan - they have a hairspray that seems kosher:

http://www.nakedbodycare.co.uk/fix-it-fast-natural-hold-hairspray.html

I haven't tried it, but their shampoos and conditioners are good (just watch out, some of them have milk etc. in them)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Really? I was presuming it was vegan :( Ah, you are right, second ingredient and all. :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭spiralbound

Really? I was presuming it was vegan :( Ah, you are right, second ingredient and all. :(:(:(

No worries, I bought hair gel from them before without checking and it had something animally in it, so just wanted to let yis know. I think a lot of their stuff is vegan though, and it should carry the vegan society label if it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 hyenabutter

Naked is vegan according to their website, so that's a big help there :D Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Superdrug? Loads of their beauty stuff is vegan, so it could be worth a look. Might pop in tomorrow myself and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Old thread, but I'm looking for this at the minute. Checked some health stores today, nothing without shellac. Nakd doesnt seem to have one anymore on boots.com.

Anyone know of one that is vegan or is accidentally vegan? I know 'Giovanni' make some and I think their brand is in Dublin, haven't seen that brand here though.

I found this one in the end, by 'hair wonder'. Maybe they have that brand in some of the health shops if anyone's looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Maxthedm

Superdrug's own brand one is vegan if I remember correctly. Most of their stuff is, I found!

Maxthedm wrote: »
    Superdrug's own brand one is vegan if I remember correctly. Most of their stuff is, I found!

I finally got a response from them, superdrugs own brand hairsprays are suitable for vegetarians and vegans :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

I haven't tried this but I saw this on the television.

Slice a lemon in half and place them into boiling water. I don't know how long it's meant to be left for but the end product stores for two weeks in a fridge.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

bonjour!
    The boots in Maynooth had the naked range the last time I saw! I'll be heading down in a day or so, so I shall check it out!
    I adore their range! It smells so good and my hair was incredible after! Using up my current bottle of chemicals before I buy more naked stuff...I hope!

ElmW13 wrote: »
    I haven't tried this but I saw this on the television.

Slice a lemon in half and place them into boiling water. I don't know how long it's meant to be left for but the end product stores for two weeks in a fridge.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

and just put it in a spritz bottle or something is it? I'd be a bit afraid of it removing hair colour.

Advertisement