Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

epic wow nerd is epic

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Reminds me of this:

comicbookguy.gif
    Comic Book Guy: Hi, question for Ms. Bellamy. In episode 2F09, when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes that same rib twice in succession yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we, to believe that this is some sort of a, a magic xylophone or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.
    Homer:I'll field this one. Let me ask you a question. Why would a man whose shirt says "Genius at Work" spend all of his time watching a children's cartoon show?
    Comic Book Guy:I withdraw my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I remember watching a similar video about star trek online (well before it was released and disappointment to us all).

Now I'm a star trek fan but holy shiizz the people asking questions were unbelievable, straight out of the Simpsons stereotype of a ultra nerd, didn't really think people could actually be that bad.

Was one guy who got up and asked something like 'what are you going to do about griefing' and they way he said it was so cringey I think the guy on stage was even taken back by it.

I was surprised it didn't become a youtube thing.

*edit*

Vids here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBx0FYirKvo#t=3m28s

• Registered Users Posts: 10,653 ✭✭✭✭28064212

yekahs wrote: »
    Reminds me of this:
    Comic Book Guy: Hi, question for Ms. Bellamy. In episode 2F09, when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes that same rib twice in succession yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we, to believe that this is some sort of a, a magic xylophone or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.
    Homer:I'll field this one. Let me ask you a question. Why would a man whose shirt says "Genius at Work" spend all of his time watching a children's cartoon show?
    Comic Book Guy:I withdraw my question.
    Fail, it wasn't Comic Book Guy, it was Doug one of the nerds Homer lived with in college

Yes, it is deliberately satirical.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It was so epic they've actually added him into the game :pac:

http://kotaku.com/5678229/world-of-warcrafts-biggest-fan-immortalised-in-game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Dam, he only owns red shirts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

The guy wrote: »
    I was mildly surprised at how well-spoken he is here. Kudos to him for doing it and not simply collapsing under all the cheap trolling/bullying that anonymity and group effects can evoke :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I have absolutely no idea what's going on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭KilOit

Another good one from Blizzcon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

i dont get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Neep.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

bmw535d wrote: »
    i dont get it?

Pretty much, he asked the people that make the game, a question about 1 of the subplots in the game, that doesn't fit the story line of further developement of the subplot and they er... never noticed that before..

basically, he knew a bit more about some trivial story in the game then they did...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Pretty much, he asked the people that make the game, a question about 1 of the subplots in the game, that doesn't fit the story line of further developement of the subplot and they er... never noticed that before..

basically, he knew a bit more about some trivial story in the game then they did...

He's so cool.

Advertisement