Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible robber warning....carrick road...lis na dara area

Options
  • 01-11-2010 3:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

I am not sure if I can put this on here so understand if it is removed bit just to warn people on the carrick road and Lis na dara and well prob everyone in dundalk.

I was up the other moring with my new born at 4am and was on my way down the stairs to make a bottle when I saw soneone at my door I nearly had a heart attack I stood there and watched him in the dark and he put a leaflet through the door. I don't think he tried the door but it was early morning and I was half asleep. I just think its very strange for anyone to be putting leaflets (well it was one of them leave your clothes out collection stickers) through anyone door at that time so I just urge people to make sure there doors are locked before going to bed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

peewee_44 wrote: »
    I am not sure if I can put this on here so understand if it is removed bit just to warn people on the carrick road and Lis na dara and well prob everyone in dundalk.

I was up the other moring with my new born at 4am and was on my way down the stairs to make a bottle when I saw soneone at my door I nearly had a heart attack I stood there and watched him in the dark and he put a leaflet through the door. I don't think he tried the door but it was early morning and I was half asleep. I just think its very strange for anyone to be putting leaflets (well it was one of them leave your clothes out collection stickers) through anyone door at that time so I just urge people to make sure there doors are locked before going to bed.

The people who leave them stickers actually come at that hour, I work nights between 1.30am and 5 am, and they would come in the door at any time, I've moved 3 times in the past 18 months and its happened all the time, you would get a fright though because its so late at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

iguy wrote: »
    The people who leave them stickers actually come at that hour, I used work nights between 1.30am and 5 am, and they would come in the door at any time, I've moved 3 times in the past 18 months and its happened all the time, you would get a fright though because its so late at night.

omg really thats mad. why do you have to deliver so late lol I didnt sleep all night and have been on patrol the last few nights watching for people:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭gucciali

omg really thats mad. why do you have to deliver so late lol I didnt sleep all night and have been on patrol the last few nights watching for people:D

seems pretty odd at that hour , I wouldn't blame you I would have had a heart attack myself :)

gucciali wrote: »
    seems pretty odd at that hour , I wouldn't blame you I would have had a heart attack myself :)

Thats what I thought, I have been broken into in the past so I prob am a little ott but I really dont think anyone should be near your door at that time. we have a dog now too and often wondered why she be going mad at 3-4am in the moring and now I know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

omg really thats mad. why do you have to deliver so late(I dont deliver them,see below) lol I didnt sleep all night and have been on patrol the last few nights watching for people:D
    Sorry I did'nt mean I deliver them, what I meant was a work from my home between said hours!:),I'm actually 'working' now,I have boards on tab.
    Sorry for the confusion!
    And as for what you asked I dont have a clue why they deliver so late at night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭gucciali

find out the company name and report them . tell them you don't want them at your door at that hour of the night . I would .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

those 'charity' collection companies... they all do it... I was leaving for work at 5.50 last week and the fella was coming up my driveway... he's lucky I was half asleep or he woulda gotta a hoover thrown at him! :pac:

EDIT: realised the hoover bit looks a bit random... I was dropping it round to a friends house later that day so I took it with me, hence why I was carrying a hoover!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

gucciali wrote: »
    find out the company name and report them . tell them you don't want them at your door at that hour of the night . I would .
    +1
    A lot of these "charity" collectors tend to steal things. Thats why they come around so early

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Makes sense to deliver at that time, less people about to see them delivering it, wont have to deal with people who dont want them, or people asking questions or deal with anyone irate with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 1≠1

Ive done these deliveries at these times and have to agree with draffodx as you dont get any hassle off anyone as they are all asleep.

Makes it easier to jump walls into the next house as no is looking or you dont get stop you and talking to you. Dog are normally locked up at these times as well which is a major plus. Or people tell you to close their gate even though it was already open.

• Advertisement

Well I have to say I am really glad I posted this thread as it has put my mind at rest no end. Ive been jumping at every noise since it happened and I can rest up a little bit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Smokecloak

I don,t think theres a law to prevent this,but nobody want anyone around their house in the dead of night, for whatever reason. I used to lock the letterbox at night. I,M sure the Gardai are aware of them going around, or they should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Same on the estate I live in. I have been up a few times they have dropped their crap through the letterbox.

I have asked if these guys can be done under 'waste collection permit' legislation. I have never seen any of the vans displaying waste permit on the door.

Advertisement