Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Radio Personality asks for subsidised fare

• 01-11-2010 3:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine works in Parking. Recently a well-known radio personality (who shall remain nameless) came to an event where my friend manages. This personality asked to be let in for half the advertised fare. The signs stated "Parking - €10 and this person offered €5 in exchange for parking.

I advised the friend ring into this person's popular radio program during the week to complain about "people who try to dodge their parkling fees"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

A friend of mine works in Parking. Recently a well-known radio personality (who shall remain nameless) came to an event where my friend manages. This personality asked to be let in for half the advertised fare. The signs stated "Parking - €10 and this person offered €5 in exchange for parking.

I advised the friend ring into this person's popular radio program during the week to complain about "people who try to dodge their parkling fees"
    You'r friend would have to get past the call screener first to talk to ... and there would be a slim chance of that happening....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Sounds like somebody who is very, ahem, E.C. when it comes to the auld name dropping:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Why not just name them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Was that person performing some function at your friend's event?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Jooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Dufffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffyyyyyy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Well...did she let him of with 5 euro reduction or wah ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

Joe is on almost 400 grand a year and he's haggling over €5.All the celebs in RTE seem to be tight gits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Latchy wrote: »
    Well...did she let him of with 5 euro reduction or wah ?

No. If he had let the guy in he'd have to explain why the takings were €5 short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I don't really think this has anything to do with radio ... unless someone can convince me otherwise, the thread will be locked shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭My.testicals

Rebelheart wrote: »
    Jooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Dufffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffyyyyyy

it wasnt that he asked for it, lots of other people have come like niall quinn, martin king and many more, they usually get in for nothing but they are always humble, but joe he was not so humble, he had the "do you know who i am" syndrome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Was it someone of a venerable age who thought OAPs could get a discount rate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Yep. Nothing to do with radio. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement